Daz Studio 4.21[.0.x] Pro, General Release!

Comments

• Richard Haseltine said:

a51_alien said:

I see the latest Update still has D-Force using outddated OpenCL, so us AMD users can't use D-Force... 

It may be that you need AMD to update their implementation of OpenCL. If you have an Intel CPU you could use their OpenCL driver, which like nVidia's plays nicely with dForce.

Actually - I've already taken this to DAZ support.  I have a full AMD chipset system, so the intel drivers wont work.

I have a support ticket open with them, that is now open with the Devs to improve OpenCL support for OpenCL v3 OR improve dForce for cards other than nVidia.
    My generation of AMD GPU uses the Latest OpenCL (v3).  DAZ is actually behind on OpenCL v2 because nVidia are behind <- this is genuinly the answer I got from support.

I'm not getting into a GPU war, by the way.  My feeling on the subject is nVidia and AMD are very much on par now (give or take - on both sides), so that argument is null, and its down to user preference...
    ...I'm just more upset that 40% of my DAZ purchaces are becoming more road blocked by outdated support for modern and/or wider spectrum of GPUs.

image_2023-02-12_193022063.png
    423 x 547 - 55K
  • Ivy said:

I have a crazy question I hope someone can help with.  is anyone have troubles with the  NVIDIA driver 528.24 ? my windows10 updated my rtx 3060 gpu drivers either this afternoon or last night and I've been having some intermitting issues, like render sometimes whiting out. , I was wondering if I roll back to the previous driver to get through a project. will win10 reinstall the new driver all over again?  how to do people work around that?

I had this issue a while ago and followed the below instructions:

https://windowsloop.com/stop-automatic-graphics-driver-update-windows-10/

It's a lot of steps, but the linstrructyions has pictures to guide along. It did work.

If you want to stop all windows updates you can reset your connection to metered in advanced update settings.

I haven't had the issue in a while but my newest render machine is now Win11, so not sure how much help this will be. 

• Well ther goes DAz. It can't seem to find the inataller in either Daz Central od DIM. It tells you its installed but when you try to launch it through either of these you gat a messgae stating that it couldn't find an install package. So there goes Daz. Great work guys every time you do an update we end up tearing our hair out. Nice

• dubhahone_bf3ee3147f said:

Well ther goes DAz. It can't seem to find the inataller in either Daz Central od DIM. It tells you its installed but when you try to launch it through either of these you gat a messgae stating that it couldn't find an install package. So there goes Daz. Great work guys every time you do an update we end up tearing our hair out. Nice

Sounds like it has been zapped by an antivirus or antimalware app. Check that these paths (depending of your OS version) exists and the files inside

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

• DreamWeeverDreamWeever Posts: 159

Hey there, sorry if this has been answered else where but I have a small problem pop up that I hope is an easy fix with the right info.

I have just got a brand new computer and it has a brand new install of Daz Studio, tonight for the first time with this I went to try using dForce and it failed to run the simulation, (sorry I didn't grab the log file but can replicate the fail if you want to see it), after having a bit of a think and a fiddle around I vaguely remember seeing something about some of the NVIDIA drivers causing problems so was wondering if this could be the cause.

I poked around and found what the current driver is for my GeForce RTX3060 and its 522.25 Game Ready.

I am running DS 4.21.0.5 and 4.15.0.2 on a brand new Win 10pro desktop

Trying Deforce in DS 4.15 was the first thing I did for troubleshooting as it has always worked smoothly for me in that build and is what jogged my memory about the possibility of a driver problem.

So I am just wanting to know if anyone else has had something like this and fixed it with updating/changing drivers before I go through the hour long hassle of getting my new computer hooked to the net for the 10 min to update drivers only to find its not that cheeky but something else. Yes I run my art computer strictly off line 99.9% of the time and only ever hook in when I need to register a new program or if its the only way to update something

• DreamWeever said:

Hey there, sorry if this has been answered else where but I have a small problem pop up that I hope is an easy fix with the right info.

I have just got a brand new computer and it has a brand new install of Daz Studio, tonight for the first time with this I went to try using dForce and it failed to run the simulation, (sorry I didn't grab the log file but can replicate the fail if you want to see it), after having a bit of a think and a fiddle around I vaguely remember seeing something about some of the NVIDIA drivers causing problems so was wondering if this could be the cause.

I poked around and found what the current driver is for my GeForce RTX3060 and its 522.25 Game Ready.

Trying Deforce in DS 4.15 was the first thing I did for troubleshooting as it has always worked smoothly for me in that build and is what jogged my memory about the possibility of a driver problem.

So I am just wanting to know if anyone else has had something like this and fixed it with updating/changing drivers before I go through the hour long hassle of getting my new computer hooked to the net for the 10 min to update drivers only to find its not that cheeky but something else. Yes I run my art computer strictly off line 99.9% of the time and only ever hook in when I need to register a new program or if its the only way to update something

Although there is a driver update (531.41), your current driver meets the requirements. Try dForce again and post the log and tell us what happened.

DoctorJellybean said:

DreamWeever said:

Although there is a driver update (531.41), your current driver meets the requirements. Try dForce again and post the log and tell us what happened.

Just on my way to bed so will do this in the morning, thanks :)  

DreamWeever said:

DoctorJellybean said:

DreamWeever said:

Just on my way to bed so will do this in the morning, thanks :)  

Ok here we go, as requested I have had another crack at this this morning and have the log file for you, it is the same in both DS4.15 and.21

What I did:

Opened DS, empty scene, load G8.1F, load a deforce dress, move timeline to frame 25 and apply a pose. Take timeline back to frame 0 and go to simulation tab, change from current frame to use timeline, all else left at default .

Hit simulate and got a pop up saying the kernels need compiling, click ok, (even though it had done that last night), everything looks like it is doing what it should, compiling finishes and the little pop up window for the simulation shows up and looks like its starting and then it vanishes and I get an error pop up saying "Error during simulation. Check error log." 

G8 has not so much as moved a finger tip and the time line is still at the start unmoved too.

txt
    txt
    log DS4.21.txt
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,988
    edited April 2023

Your driver is 522.25 - I can't recall if that is one of the problem versions but try updating to a newer version, 526.98 or later.

Assuming that works, the dress does have over 900 edges thata re shorter than the minimum offset - that may be harmless, for example if they are in detailed areas that are exlcluded from simulation, but it may have an impact on the performance or stability of the simulation.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard Haseltine said:

Your driver is 522.25 - I can't recall if that is one of the problem versions but try updating to a newer version, 526.98 or later.

Yes, might as well install the latest version as that is good.

Richard Haseltine said:

Assuming that works, the dress does have over 900 edges thata re shorter than the minimum offset - that may be harmless, for example if they are in detailed areas that are exlcluded from simulation, but it may have an impact on the performance or stability of the simulation.

I have used the dress in the past with no problems, why I used it for testing I know how it behaves :) 

Yes I had a vague memory of there being a discussion about some of the drivers causing a problem but likewise couldn't remember any details or even where I had seen it. Wasn't there also some talk about the two different lines of divers? Game ready vs Studio? 

DoctorJellybean said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, might as well install the latest version as that is good.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight 

• DreamWeever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I have used the dress in the past with no problems, why I used it for testing I know how it behaves :) 

Yes I had a vague memory of there being a discussion about some of the drivers causing a problem but likewise couldn't remember any details or even where I had seen it. Wasn't there also some talk about the two different lines of divers? Game ready vs Studio? 

Generally the Studio drivers are recommended, but in fact the OpenCL issue that was breaking dForce affected both - the differene between the two lines is not one of substance but of how well-tested they are, the Game Ready drivers are updated frequently to deal with the requirements of new games while the Studio drivers are geenrally game ready drivers that are deemed to be more stable/have less risky tweaks.

Richard Haseltine said:

DreamWeever said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Generally the Studio drivers are recommended, but in fact the OpenCL issue that was breaking dForce affected both - the differene between the two lines is not one of substance but of how well-tested they are, the Game Ready drivers are updated frequently to deal with the requirements of new games while the Studio drivers are geenrally game ready drivers that are deemed to be more stable/have less risky tweaks.

Ah that is good to know, thanks

Updating the divers has fixed my Dforce problem :) thanks for the input guys

• Hi there I have a problem with installing Daz studio from DIM, It did't start download and keeping say retry. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem?

• greywolfgreywolf Posts: 34

BUG:

Keyboard shortcut for Viewport DrawStyles::Filament never works.

I have (re)assigned my keyboard shortcuts to my liking, and Ctrl+1 goes to IRAY, Ctrl+9 goes to TextureShaded, etc.

But no matter what I do for Filament (even a simple shortcut like 'F' with no shift, ctrl, alt), it does not take effect.

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 152

Out of cusiosity, are we still on 4.21.0.5?  I check on this periodically but it seems like it's been a while since this was updated.

Daz 3D is pleased to announce Daz Studio 4.21 Pro General Release!

• Version: 4.21.0.5
    • Date: October 12, 2022
  • Hi i installed both daz studio 4.21 and Zbrush core 2021 version, well i wonder GOZ works with these core version or only works with full ZBRUSH

beacause GOZ don´t works in ZBRUSH Core or at least i can´t make GOZ works

• As far as I know GoZ requires the full ZBrush, as do all plug-ins

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited July 2023

Pakmule said:

bishbosch said:

Is there up-to-date documentation for the new (and old) FBX export settings? The environment I'm trying to transfer to Unreal as an FBX is exploding, with parented things like windows and doors scattering, which wasn't happening before.

I can't export anything to Character Creator 4 anymore. I have tried all sorts of combiations in the new FBX dialog and CC4 still blows up on import. 

Did you find a solution? I too am trying relentlessly to get CC4 conversion from Daz G8M? Think I might roll back to 4.20 as I only use Daz now for exportation of assets.

Post Edit - Should anyone encounter problems when exporting to CC3+, I found a solution to lock all the morphs before exporting to .fbx. I was getting my character into the software ok, but I discovered all the body morphs etc. were being dropped at the conversion stage. By locking the morphs prior to export I now have my character looking as it should. This is just my hack for now, so if anyone has another method or workaround, please let me know.

Post edited by Fungible User on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316

I can't get DS to open it launches but doesn't actually open. If I look in Task master its there and I have to shut it down from there. Any one have any ideas?

• With it having focus (the Task Bar button coloured) try hitting esc or return, in case there is a prompt open. I assume you have checked that it wasn't moved to a different desktop or display (yes, that is obvious - but it took me a while to figure out why Blender wasn't appearing the other day). Failing those, check

%appdata%/daz 3d/studio4/log.txt

to see if there are any meaningful messages at or near the end.

• Is there a way to download this version since the newest one is broken and cannot export stuff?

• The newest version of Daz Studio is broken and cannot export stuff properly.
    Is there a way to download the previous version that worked?

• ristopaasivirta said:

Is there a way to download this version since the newest one is broken and cannot export stuff?

No. What can't it export?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited December 2023

Nope... the only way is that you send a ticket to Daz asking for the previous version. But if you meant the export issue with FBX format when using DS General Release 4.22.0.1, you may try 4.22.0.9 Public Build in which the bug was fixed.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • ristopaasivirta said:

The newest version of Daz Studio is broken and cannot export stuff properly.
    Is there a way to download the previous version that worked?

Threads merged - please don't make the same post in multiple palces.

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

I have problem with uninstall of previous version... here is the screen I get after start of newest Daz Studio installation. Can someone help me with this?

Screenshot is in attachment blush

2023-12-21 11_58_19-Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    660 x 449 - 37K
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,932
    edited December 2023

MilosGulan said:

I have problem with uninstall of previous version... here is the screen I get after start of newest Daz Studio installation. Can someone help me with this?

Screenshot is in attachment blush

See if the uninstaller exe file is in the specified path. If it exists, run it manually and then install the new version.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on