What is the difference between FaceMojo and FaceMotionRT?

What is the difference between FaceMojo and FaceMotionRT?

Are they the same? In the YouTube videos it seems FaceMotionRT is fuller featured.

But FacemotionRT is not available in the Daz Store, but FaceMojo is.

I thought the eyes tracked better with the FaceMotionRT app, but I could be wrong, I have not used either of them.

Any recommendations on which is better?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

They were originally the same product, but the creators parted ways and released separate products. I agree that Face Motion appears to give much better results, but have no personal experience with either. Laylo3D was already an established Daz PA, so maybe had an easier time getting his product to the Daz store than FreeNomon, or maybe FreeNomon just wasn't interested in selling in the Daz store, or some other explanation, so you just have to decide for yourself how much you care that FaceMotion isn't an official Daz product.

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,282

Hey Gordig! Thanks for your concise and very helpful answer.

I bought an iPhone 14 tonight, because my Samsung Galaxy S22 does not have a depth camera.

The Galaxy also does not support any of the IPhone face capture apps.

I am leaning towards the FaceMojo app because, as you say, it is in the Daz Store.

I like that it works with several apps.

My iPhone will not have a phone number, I will use my Galaxy for calls. I will turn my Galaxy into a hotspot and pair the iPhone to it so I can send photos to the cloud.

I really need two cameras for live music performances as well and the iPhone has the best camera (for the most part) due to its processor and larger sensor.

I know it is probably overkill to simply use it for Face Mojo but maybe I can also use it for motion capture as well once the software catches up with it.

Being able to animate expressions is a big deal!

It will be nice to bake these expressions into AniMate2 and save them as well.

Lots to learn and explore!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I have been getting better Poserecorder results lately so that's another option 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Thanks WendyLuvsCatz, for bringing Poserecorder to my attention. It is a program I already own (but forgot I have it) and I have not had a chance to use it.

I am noticing the shoulders don't move with Poserecorder. But the face tracking looks great.

It is a way I can get started now on using face animations for my characters. I will be able to test them out and I will maybe do some videos using these various expression recorders. Awesome tip! Thanks again!

yessmiley

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

RexRed said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Thanks WendyLuvsCatz, for bringing Poserecorder to my attention. It is a program I already own (but forgot I have it) and I have not had a chance to use it.

I am noticing the shoulders don't move with Poserecorder. But the face tracking looks great.

It is a way I can get started now on using face animations for my characters. I will be able to test them out and I will maybe do some videos using these various expression recorders. Awesome tip! Thanks again!

yessmiley

video codec is important  

encoding with Handbrake works for me

WendyLuvsCatz said:

RexRed said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

yessmiley

video codec is important  

encoding with Handbrake works for me

Wow! This is the first time I have heard of Handbrake! 

Where was this when I was spending $99.00 for Any Video Converter Ultimate?

Premiere finally can accept most .mov files and I think it can accept .mkv files as well though not certain of the latter.

There may even be a few .mov codecs that Premiere cannot accept. Any Video Converter Ultimate also has a YouTube downloader function

and can convert .mkv but does not work with some .mov files. There are so many versions of codecs that having a backup converter is vital!

Thanks for the awesome tip WendyLuvsCats! 

https://www.any-video-converter.com/en6/for_video_ultimate/

It says $49 here but I think I paid $99 for mine maybe for a lifetime license.

Not sure. That $49-$99 has paid for itself many times over.

• his xhis x Posts: 866

RexRed said:

Being able to animate expressions is a big deal!

It will be nice to bake these expressions into AniMate2 and save them as well.

Lots to learn and explore!

Personally I'd like see a plugin-in IR cam, to be used on an Android.

I've used FaceMojo a few times, it works. However, there is one thing I've noticed. I can't get the eyebrows to move in opposite directions, i.e., left up and right down at the same time, as in skepticism. It's a useful expression. It seems to be a quirk of the iPhone XR I use, but I'm not sure. I've not seen anyone mention this. Am I missing something obvious?

edited October 2022

I just ordered an iPhone 14, it is on the way from China. Currently in customs...

I am hopping the super duper processor in the iPhone with 2x3090s in SLI will give me really great results.

I think FaceWare is probably the most accurate of all the expression apps but I am not postive about that.

I have not been able to test any of them out yet without the iPhone.

If  FaceMojo becomes a big thing with me then I might look more seriously at FaceWare.

I don't like that I need to buy FaceWare every year, but if I find a use for it I might consider it.  

I was noticing today how REALLY nice the face expressions and mouth motions are in my Assassin's Creed Valhalla game. They have certainly come a long way from Pac-Man. laugh

My Samsung Galaxy S22 Android phone doesn't have a depth camera. So even if developers made software for it it could not produce depth imaging data.

I was really surprised that they left the depth camera out.

Post edited by RexRed on
  • his xhis x Posts: 866
    edited February 2023

-

Post edited by his x on