How to speed up animations?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

How to speed up animations?

When rendering a large scene of animation frames, I am noticing things I did not foresee would be a factor.

With each new frame that is rendered there is a long computational pause before the scene begins rendering the iterations. 

I would think that a lot of the scene elements are already in the graphics ram but it has to reload them each time it starts a new frame. 

This precomputation period takes more time than my card takes to render 400 iterations.

Is there a way to speed up this precomputation period.

Ultrascenery XT has to repopulate the biome and tons of other stuff has to recalculate.

I am starting to consider using backdrops rendering in layers and reconstructing them in Photoshop or Premiere.

Part of the realism is the actual layers of objects in front of the characters and shadows on the ground. 

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• @RexRed Give this a try... Seeing that you do have an iteration cap, try changing the viewport to Iray Preview, let it get through those 400 iterations, then leave the Viewport in Iray Preview and start the Series Render. This seems to eliminate that in-between computation almost if not completely, seemingly because the info is already in memory before the rendering begins.

Give it a whirl and see if it helps. Good luck!

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

Phatmartino said:

@RexRed Give this a try... Seeing that you do have an iteration cap, try changing the viewport to Iray Preview, let it get through those 400 iterations, then leave the Viewport in Iray Preview and start the Series Render. This seems to eliminate that in-between computation almost if not completely, seemingly because the info is already in memory before the rendering begins.

Give it a whirl and see if it helps. Good luck!

Hmm Phatmartino, someone once suggested that to me in one of my live broadcasts. I forgot about this. I will definitly test this out! EXCELLENT ADVICE! yessmiley