cms not bringing in my content

SplatterbabySplatterbaby Posts: 37

So recently I got a cms error. Couldnt find it etc. I deleted cms and reinstalled it and now it works . Ive set up my drives to find the content like normal and it sees everything I own but it does not read it as installed. I cant reinstall everything again I have it all on my drive already and its alot. Any help would be massively appreciated. I tried restarting cms, refreshing , content DB maintenance reset, reimport metadata.

Its not reading my drive with content

Any help would be appreciated:)

Thanks

Post edited by Splatterbaby on

Comments

• I'm not clear what you mean - the CMS relies on PostgreSQL, is that what you had problems with and reisntalled? How do you install your content? Where is it showing as not installed, and how did it appear before?

• Richard Haseltine said:

I'm not clear what you mean - the CMS relies on PostgreSQL, is that what you had problems with and reisntalled? How do you install your content? Where is it showing as not installed, and how did it appear before?

Hey thanks for the reply. Yes exactly. I opened daz one day and It said couldnt connect to cms. I tried everything but nothing worked. I deleted cms PostgreSQL and re downloaded and inatelled it. I can now log in but All of my stuff needs to be reinstalled. It still sees my SD drive with all my content but nothing is installed in the smart content tab. I install through daz studio. Just double ckicking an item. I dont get the error anymore of the cms etc but all my stuff needs reistalling. bout 50 GB of stuff. I have a 1MB line and a cap opn the net:) German internet unfortunately.

• If you install through Daz Studio then it is wholly dependent on the database to see the content. Simply reinstalling the database application shoud not have affected the contents of the databse, but it sounds as if it has - assuming you hadn't moved the ContentCluster folder (Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings) or if you had that you checked that it is still pointing to the new location. Unfortunately it may be that the database became corrupt, and that that is what caused the intitial error.

There are offlien-installers and authorisation files in your Product Library, if you have uncapped access through school/work/library (that cana ccess Daz) you coudl download those and take them home for installation. Alternatively the system should see the existing files while installing, if they are in the current Daz Connect Data Directory, and simply verify theya re current and then skip without downloading but if you want to try that I would keep a beady eye on your data usage to make sure it was behaving correctly.

If you install through Daz Studio then it is wholly dependent on the database to see the content. Simply reinstalling the database application shoud not have affected the contents of the databse, but it sounds as if it has - assuming you hadn't moved the ContentCluster folder (Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings) or if you had that you checked that it is still pointing to the new location. Unfortunately it may be that the database became corrupt, and that that is what caused the intitial error.

There are offlien-installers and authorisation files in your Product Library, if you have uncapped access through school/work/library (that cana ccess Daz) you coudl download those and take them home for installation. Alternatively the system should see the existing files while installing, if they are in the current Daz Connect Data Directory, and simply verify theya re current and then skip without downloading but if you want to try that I would keep a beady eye on your data usage to make sure it was behaving correctly.

Hey I really appreciate the help. I didnt change the loaction of the CMS.It all as it was. Also I did try redownloading the files but they download from scratch. I work from home. Is there a way I can fix the CMS file?. Scary how one thing can render an entire program usless, thankfully I dont use it professionally. Terrifying. I do thank you for your time though. Massively appreciated.

• Ok so now I cant even install it. I redownloaded Daz studio, Reinstalles CMS but it gives me this silly question mark. Have no idea what to do from here. Would be amazing to be able to use this thing really. Any help on this thing would help. See image.

Screenshot 2022-10-12 004949.png
    1547 x 318 - 28K
  • The question mark should give the fiel size. What security software are ytou running? Is PostgreSQL apparently still working, and connecting to daz Studio, even if it isn't showing files?

The question mark should give the fiel size. What security software are ytou running? Is PostgreSQL apparently still working, and connecting to daz Studio, even if it isn't showing files?

No I tried deleting daz and this t install from scratch again but now I cant install this SQL. Keeps giving this error. Tried redownloading it a number of times and reinstalling. No luck.

• Not sure if this helps but Im trying to access my G drive here its an external ssd with over 240GB of content.

Screenshot 2022-10-12 004949.png
    477 x 469 - 34K
  • K got SQL in now all working but WHY doesnt it read my installed stuff on the G: drive:( Dammit DAZ what a waste of time you have caused me.

• As I said, once the database is gone/reset there is not record of the instalaltion. In principle you could take all the G:/My Daz 3D Library/Data/Cloud/1_SKU/ folders' contents and merge them into G:/My Daz 3D Library/ to make them look like regular installs, then reimport the metadata from those to repopulate the database, but that is definitely the nuclear option.

• Time to try nuclear I guess. es Ive tried everything so nothing really to lose besides alot of time. Thanks again for the help. Its appreciated.

• Just an update. Merging them like you said works:) Sure I got to do it 1037 times taking out the 3 main files and putting them in the right spot but it works:) Thanks mate for the help:) Weeeeelllll. best get started..

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

From my experiences, the best way to migrate is to have DIM fresh install. Now we have fast internet and it takes only a day for my 2TB content. Trying to move from one machine to another took much much longer time and much much heavier headache.

• Splatterbaby said:

So recently I got a cms error. Couldnt find it etc. I deleted cms and reinstalled it and now it works . Ive set up my drives to find the content like normal and it sees everything I own but it does not read it as installed. I cant reinstall everything again I have it all on my drive already and its alot. Any help would be massively appreciated. I tried restarting cms, refreshing , content DB maintenance reset, reimport metadata.

Its not reading my drive with content

Any help would be appreciated:)

Thanks

It starts happening to me a lot recently if I left my daz open overnight, one time it even messed up my entire metadata content cause 30% of my stuff lost their bones & riging files, I had to reinstall the whole thing and all those contents to fix it.

This is what worked for me when CMS is not pull up smart content

1. a PC restart usually fix it more often then not  2. Open task manager -> find the postgrsql task -> end it -> restart daz  

One thing I always suspect and I wish to confirm with a Daz staff, is that by the time you open Daz, the meta content fetch to your local postgrsqal before it fetch with daz serer?  And why even offline metacontent has to fetch to postgrsql? 

• Hey Thank you both for the helpfull feedback:) Yes I actually moved all files and it worked. I still get many errors with files But I just delete them and install them again...Ive had this before and its not a great things. Thanks for the help :) its massively appreciated:)