Body part disappeared and can't get it to re appear

For some reason my character's armpits have disappeared and i have tried doing the geometry editor, but as soon as i select the geometry editor tool they magically re appear, and anytime i am not using the geometry editor tool they are invisible. I have selected the invisible parts anyway and right clicked and chose show all polygons and they still do not re appear. I have tried re applying that character's skin, re applying the character's whole body morph, and nothing has fixed it

Screenshot (20).png
1820 x 1750 - 2M

Comments

• A piece of clothing or another item fitted to the figure is a GeoGraft and those polygons are its AutoHide group. AutoHidden polygons show when the Geometry Editor tool (and some others) is active, they are otherwise hidden as long as the item is fitted to the figure (even if the fitted item's visibility is off).

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

Yeah, the easiest solution is to delete the item that's autohiding that.

• Richard Haseltine said:

A piece of clothing or another item fitted to the figure is a GeoGraft and those polygons are its AutoHide group. AutoHidden polygons show when the Geometry Editor tool (and some others) is active, they are otherwise hidden as long as the item is fitted to the figure (even if the fitted item's visibility is off)

Ok well She did have a robe on at 1 point but i deleted that LOONG ago so theres no way of hitting undo to get it back. how can i fix this?

• If it's deleted it isn't an issue, it will be something that is still in the scene and fitted to the figure.

• FenixPhoenix said:

Yeah, the easiest solution is to delete the item that's autohiding that.

Thanks, that did it but of corse that was literally the #2 item i did not want to delete. 

btw, i love your work Fenix i have some of your items and they are awesome

• You can keep the item and give it a new, less disruptive AutoHide group (it is not, as far as I know, possible to completely block the hiding). With the figure selected and the fitted item fitted use the Geometry Editor to select a polygon you don't mind losing, right-click>Geometry Assignment>AutoHide Polygons for Fitted Items (or something like that - going from memory). When you switch back to a posing tool only that one sacrificial polygon will be hidden, the armpits will be back.

• Richard Haseltine said:

You can keep the item and give it a new, less disruptive AutoHide group (it is not, as far as I know, possible to completely block the hiding). With the figure selected and the fitted item fitted use the Geometry Editor to select a polygon you don't mind losing, right-click>Geometry Assignment>AutoHide Polygons for Fitted Items (or something like that - going from memory). When you switch back to a posing tool only that one sacrificial polygon will be hidden, the armpits will be back.

I ended up just deleting that item and re applying it and it fixed it, i just had to end up redoing the morphs on that item. thanks again