center a character in a scene camera

Can anyone tell me a quick way to center a character or prop into a scene camera, one that is part of the enviroment not one you add.

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Even though there is a "Point At" option for the entire Genesis, as there is for each eye, it doesn't really make sense to use that to place Genesis in a camera frame as you can be 100% sure that the position and especially the orientation of your Genesis will never be correct.

The only way to get a character perfectly framed as you want, in the field of view of an existing camera that you don't want to move... is to manually place the Genesis in your scene. This is not only "quick", it is off the top of my head the only way to do that.

Spoiler alert : placing your 3D objects manually where you want them to be, is the only way you'll get them there ;)

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • I have tried useing the camera parameters and giving the character the same cordinates and manipulating them into place. That works but it seams like there is an easyer way.

• If the desired point is at ground level you can hold down the Alt (Opt for Macs) key and drag the character from the content pane into the scene - a target icon will appear, that shows the point that will be treated as the origin when loading the figure.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2022

Are you trying to move genesis to where the camera is pointed or simply point the camera at genesis? 

If it's the second, when you have the camera you want, select genesis and in the viewport, do you have the icons down the side of the viewport? I'm not at the computer but there is a square looking one that will place the camera onto genesis. It moves the camera though not genesis. If you select the head it will frame the head etc.

I'm not at the computer and I have a feeling that you need to set them to show.

Sorry still waking up and Richard and Hansolocambo have most likely already solved this for you. 

Edited to add: They are called cube controls when down the right hand side of the viewport. It's possible that yours are across the top of it in a strip menu. The frame function is the square one.

cube controls.jpg
    465 x 612 - 79K
    Post edited by Pendraia on
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,283

I use the parameter dials and put zeros there or exact numbers.