Black line appears on all renders

PP Posts: 36

Hi folks,

I need help to understand what's going on. Since a day a bar is showing off on all my renders. Sometimes it's more visible, sometimes less but it's always there.

I've tried with different background HDRI, updated the drivers,  etc but it is still there.

Sometimes in the top of the render, sometimes in the middle.

I've attached some example and my detailed setting.

My GC is 3 months old, it's a ASUS GEFORCE RTX3080 NOCTUA

Any idea what is the issue ?

Link removed - please give the figues some clothes or crop the images

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• I've never had to face that issue, but I've seen countless threads on the subject already. And it seems to be related to an Nvidia drivers update.

I'm currently using the latest drivers and I do not have that problem. So maybe use NVidia Geforce Experience to download the latest drivers and see if that fixes the problem.

• PP Posts: 36

Thanks for your reply. I've tried with the two very latest drivers already but it is still there. I suspect this is indeed a Nvidia problem but what more than resinstalling the drivers can I do ? I don't think resinstalling the GC would help .I'm a bit lost here :-(

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

I'm sorry I can't find other threads on the subject. I remember that some people managed to get rid of those lines by reverting their drivers to an older version. But I can't remember of course which version it was. You could :

- try Nvidia Studio Drivers rather than Game Ready Drivers. Studio ones are less often updated and potentially more stable for pro 3D applications.

- or try painfully Nvidia older drivers one by one until you luckily enough find the one that works fine with your card :

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Sorry I can't help you more with this problem  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

P.S : It could also be an Iray version issue ? (just a guess). You're using the latest DIM downloadable version of Daz, right ?

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • Yes, older drivers or update Daz Studio if this is the common issue.

I'll check as soon as I return from the supermarket duties with the miss  :-) Thnaks for your support, this is really appeasing !

@hansolocambo and richard : thanks for your support, I've been able to remove the black line by going back to Studio Driver from May. I was a bit disgusted when I was trying them one after the other and finally something worked. Or at least it's working for the moment. I'd like to understand a bit more what was causing this so if someone looks at this thread and has any idea...please share.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS !!

• It's some chnage in the driver not playing niely with Iray - unfortunately since both are nVidia code no one else knows any details.