huge time loss on loading G8f for 'Formula output property not found'

Hi community,

my D|S library is rather large, that's a challenge for the program, I know. But since some time, loading has really slowed down for Genesis 8 female, so I looked up the error log. In the middle of the section, it took about 6 minutes because of 'Formula output property not found' troubles, see attached.
Is there a way to take out the reference? I'm aware this might consume some time, but speeding up on the other hand might turn out worth the investment.
Example line:

2022-10-07 13:04:31.533 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6903): Formula output property not found: Genesis8Female:/data/Daz%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/XTransfer/3D%20Universe/ToonGenerations2/Base/XT_CTRL3duToonGenerations2_AdjustAge.dsf#XTIDCTRL3duToonGenerations2_AdjustAge?value - in file: /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Shape%20Shift/Arm%20Length.dsf
txt
txt
20221007_G8_load_timeloss.txt

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited October 2022

The easiest solution is to keep removing the files at the end of the warning message, in your sample warning the "Arm Length.dsf"
    Although, I find it surprising that a morph in Zev0's Shape Shift would be looking for any morphs in a XTransfer created morph file...

You could try to to fix the issues by downloading the latest versions of for example the Shape Shift first, to see if the problem has been fixed already.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • lomteclomtec Posts: 11

Hmm, I'm a little concerned: because in this example, something goes wrong with Toon Generations 2, I'd take out a file from Shape Shift product? Wouldn't then Shape Shift be corrupted for other cases where I want to use the attribute 'arm length'?
    Apart from that: I'd take out parts of other products, too, because they're addressed the wrong way from improper products? My fear is this could lead into even more trouble.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

Not a good idea to just delete the DSF files, many are called by other files, which can leave you with a bigger headache.

Most of those warnings mean that DS can't find the file/asset at the pathway it was told to look, most are probably at a differant location so they product still works.

I'll have a dig through your file and see what I can find.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Toon generations 2, is a genesis 3 product, Shape Shift for G8 should not be looking for XTransfered version of it.

• lomteclomtec Posts: 11
    edited October 2022

Confirm, I did some digging through my logfile and the content structure, finding that in many cases products are referenced that I don't own or were created locally by the creator.
    What I'm trying now is step by step taking out these references to see if loading improves - though I usually didn't manually edit files installed with DIM, assuming they'd be restored by D|S anyway.

Still, I'm a bit surprised to find so many references to non existing content. Appreciate all experiences with this and approaches to sort this out.

Post edited by lomtec on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

If it's a path issue can the file be edited to reflect the correct pathway? Or would it be a compressed file?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

About 30% of that log is "bugs" that need what I class as minor surgery to fix.

The rest is split between files you can probably safely delete, and files you can't touch without breaking the product.

If a product is a morph or expression for G8 then expect it to have "required" products that aren't listed.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

How are your files loaded?  Do you use DIM?
    If so, just start uninstalling the problem children one at a time until it goes away.  If you hand install, it can be a little more difficult to remove all traces of a problem asset, but can be done.