Fatal Error While Rendering Scene With Urban Future 7, Arianna 8.1, and Hans 8.1

I'm getting a Fatal Error every time I try to render a scene I created with Urban Future 7, which I purchased today, a couple of figures. I'm attaching a txt version of the error log to this message. Can anyone make heads or tails of this?

I'm not sure what's happening. It seemed to be rendering fine, albeit with CPU only. Then I restarted the program to see if I could get the GPU to kick in and now it crashes at the start of every render attempt of this file.

This behavior doesn't occur with other files at all. Using the iray preview doesn't cause any problems either. Removing the set allows me to render the figures and lights. Removing the figures allows me to render the setting. I don't think its a file size problem, as I've got way bigger files that are rendering just fine. 

I've somehow got it back to rendering on CPU only (maybe from opening a few other files first before opening this one) and now it's working, but I sure would've loved to have had this working on my GPU instead (given how long a CPU render takes).

txt
txt
errorlog.txt

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

It looks like DAZ threw out the error. 

<timestamp>133091951603860000</timestamp>
      <error>
        <what>ACCESS_VIOLATION</what>
        <process>
          <name>DAZStudio.exe</name>
          <id>19716</id>
        </process>
        <module>C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\libs\iray\libiray.dll</module>
        <address>0033:000000007B75BD68</address>

Usually, the error is caused by accessing protected memory. However, it may be an antivirus program or a similar type of software not allowing access. I don't know what level of computer skills you have or DAZ experience. Can somebody help him?

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

Most likely ran out of VRAM(GPU RAM) and had CPU fallback turn off.

The scene and characters require lots of both VRAM and system RAM to render, may have even ran out of both to cause the computer to crash.

Would need to see the full Studio log to find out what is going on.

• Thanks for the help. I should've said that the computer didn't crash; it was only Daz which crashed. 

I updated the graphics card driver, restarted the machine, and am now rendering the scene out in two parts. So far, so good. (knock on wood)