Render a really long image in chunks at 1080p but have them seamless to each other.

Hi , Just wondering if someone knew how to basically render out a really long width image ( 9600 pixels ) but not have it stretched. I am basically trying to make a parallax background for a video game and I have no clue what to do to render out the whole width of my scene and have it seamless. many thanks. 

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

I make posters 2' x 4' or 7200x10800 in one render. Daz most certainly handles 9600. What about height?

• AgitatedRiot said:

I make posters 2' x 4' or 7200x10800 in one render. Daz most certainly handles 9600. What about height?

I meant like this kind of width for rendering without it stretching

, I know it can do massive resolutions but it turns out like this 

• I basically still want the camera front facing, it seems like i need to stitch but it wouldn't work because of the perspective. 

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

If you want to avoid distortion with a wide range of field, you should probably use a higher focal length, like 400 mm, and then place the camera further away.

• felis said:

If you want to avoid distortion with a wide range of field, you should probably use a higher focal length, like 400 mm, and then place the camera further away.

Life saver, cheers.

• Not sure if this is helpful, but you can also turn off the perspective effect of a camera under the parameter settings tab or camera tab for the camera you're using. It will look unnatural, I think, but will allow moving sideways between renders and stitching the results together. For some reason you can't use the viewport controls to rotate the camera anymore (sliders still work), so make sure it's facing the right direction before turning off perspective.