Question: Unique Identifier for Daz Poses

I've been trying to determine a unique ID for a particular Daz pose. Going by the Info panel in Daz Studio, I see that a set of poses share a common Product ID. What distinguishes each appears to be the full path of the DUF for the pose. So am I right in concluding that it's this file path (quite like a URI) that stands as the unique ID for a pose?

Cheers!

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Not sure whay you are asking.

A pose is based on the duf file, that has the individual bone rotations.

• csaacsaa Posts: 815
    edited September 2022

felis said:

Not sure whay you are asking.

A pose is based on the duf file, that has the individual bone rotations.

felis,

Thanks for the reply.

When I posed that question, I wasn't wearing my Daz User's Hat; instead I was wearing my programmer's hat. You see for the last couple of months I've been developing a workflow to transfer Daz assets to Blender, my preferred sandbox. There's still a lot of ground to cover, but if you want to gauge my handiwork, please check out my renders here. I only use Daz's asset base, Blender Eevee, and Clip Studio Paint for post-editing.

Speaking in general terms, thinking as a programmer involves understand Daz "things" ... what they stand for and how they're interrelated. Knowing that helps me write scripts that automate the transfer process -- to some useful degree at least. Usually I have an inkling about the information that I need. I find it useful, however, to ask first in the forum, just so that I get the work done more efficiently.

Cheers!

Post edited by csaa on
  • Are yopu talking about the file or the result? The pose does not leave any identifiable relic in the scene - it simply changes the transforms and, once it has dropped off the undo stack, there is no way to tell which preset was applied. The same goes for several other types of preset - it's only when unique data (e.g. textures or morphs) are added that there may be a traceable clue (assuming that the textures or morphs were applied via presets that accompanied them).

• csaacsaa Posts: 815

Richard Haseltine,

Yes, I'm talking about the pose file, the DUF, as an asset and not as a result. I'm interested in a unique identifier I can refer to even when the Daz Studio application is not running. In the screenshot below, would that unique ID be the full file path of the pose DUF?

Cheers!

Richard Haseltine said:

Are yopu talking about the file or the result? The pose does not leave any identifiable relic in the scene - it simply changes the transforms and, once it has dropped off the undo stack, there is no way to tell which preset was applied. The same goes for several other types of preset - it's only when unique data (e.g. textures or morphs) are added that there may be a traceable clue (assuming that the textures or morphs were applied via presets that accompanied them).

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Still not sure what you are after, but if it is the listed transformations, then they are in the duf file.

So if you want these, you would use the file path to the duf file.

Maybe describe what it is you are trying to achieve.

• EaldwulfEaldwulf Posts: 18
    edited October 2022

csaa said:

Richard Haseltine,

Yes, I'm talking about the pose file, the DUF, as an asset and not as a result. I'm interested in a unique identifier I can refer to even when the Daz Studio application is not running. In the screenshot below, would that unique ID be the full file path of the pose DUF?

Cheers!

I haven't actively programmed in years, but since each file is unique, you can use the full path, including the filename, as the unique identifier

Post edited by Ealdwulf on