Daz isn't utilizing my graphics card

Hi. My machine was going REALLY slow and my render was taking forever, so I opened the task manager and discovered my graphics card is not processing anything. I know it is working fine, as I have run several high-end apps with it with no problem. I have attached a screenshot of my settings in Daz in hopes that something is off that I am missing. My machine won't take a screenshot of the task manager processes, but it said the GPU use was 0% while CPU use was 97%. 

Daz has also crashed several times recently, but I suspect that is due to dividing texture maps twice.

Screenshot 2022-09-28 131729.jpg
1385 x 1268 - 313K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

What does your log say, Help > Troubleshooting > View Log file?

There is still a fairly high risk that you are running out of VRAM.

What do you have in your scene? And for characters which subD?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The 3070 has just 8GB's of VRAM out of which one has maybe 4.5GB's available for geometry and textures on W10, your scene has leaves and grass, they can be real resource hogs.

• Try using the MSI afterburn, it can help monitorize the VRAM and also the RAM of your system. I've been unsing since long,  when I had a 1080 I used it to knew if I ran out VRAM and adjust my scenenow with my 3090 sometimes I ran out of RAM Lol.

Also if you are using your 3070 as your monitor GPU it will also consume your VRAM.

• I have the following -

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor               3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 32.0 GB

NVidia RTX 3070 Driver 517.40 Studio

I redid the scene and then reduced the textures by half using the Riversoft app. It finally rendered. I had several geoshells in addition to the base textures of the characters (which were all G8s). I had just never had the problem before. I also saw that Iray rendering does not register in the Task Manager. I believe I have something that will see it, but obviously it is working and just not showing up. 

In fact, the higher texture version of the scene wouldn't even upload to the new Boost. We are not sure why and I am giving the reduced texture scene a try on Boost, but I suspect my PC and graphics card are already considered "mid-range" at this point. Just after seeing all the cool effects on video games I have, I just assumed my GPU could handle the scene, forgetting that they use a whole bag of tricks to get all that stuff in. Thanks for the response guys!

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

@touji_ayanami

Thanks for thi MSI Afterburn info. Never heard of the tool. It took me two days to properly mount my new rig those last two days with an i9-12900KF, full DDR5 mobo and RAM, and an RTX 3090. I really like the tons of useful info I get from this MSI Afterburn app ! And those User Interface skinning are some serious deal. Wow.

Cheers for that.

Post edited by hansolocambo on