Using Silkessence Shaders

edited August 2012 in New Users

Hi all!

I just purchased the Silkessence shader pack a few days ago and am having a problem rendering the image as seen on screen. They look gorgeous on screen but when rendered the textures are showing up as pretty much lifeless, tiny, tiled textures on plastic sheet.

Results are the same in any scene I have tried them in.

They look nothing like what I have set up in my scene so I'm wondering if there are specific render settings I should be using?

Does anyone know of tutorials I can watch on using these shaders? I did try to find a way to contact the content creator but that does not appear to be an option.

I am using Daz 4.0 Pro 64 bit and 3Delight rendering

Thanks in advance for any helpful advice you may have for me!

silk_render.png
300 x 450 - 158K
silk_viewport.png
300 x 450 - 204K
Post edited by cardcraftscanada_2314aef4c7 on

Comments

• MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

On some items, because of the way they are mapped, you will need to drop the tiling right down. You'll see the tiling in the Surfaces tab - I think under H and V at the top in the HSS panel. A few items are so poorly mapped that texture-based shaders don't work at all, even tiled by 1. But this is pretty rare.

Anything that uses specularity is dependant upon good lighting. I recommend Lantios' Fashion Lights or Dimension Theory's Cloud Nine Domes.

• edited December 1969

Just posted pictures that better describe the results I am getting on rendering the Silkessence shaders........the render is completely different than what shows in the view port.

Just to be sure it wasn't the rendering software or maps at fault I did a regular texture large print on same garment, it rendered exactly as was showing in view port.

print_test_render.png
    300 x 450 - 117K
    print_test_view_port.png
    300 x 450 - 125K
  • MarieahMarieah Posts: 518
    edited December 1969

HSS does not show the correct preview prior to render. It shows the texture without any tiling. If you really want it to look like that, just change the tiling to 1.

It does look like you should step the tiling down a little for the clothing item you are using. But these are supposed to be patterns and not huge designs. Really good lighting and a slow render to bring out the details in the underlying maps will give best results. I think the surface looks good in your image, but the quality of the render and the distance from the camera blur the details. If you bring the camera close, it will look much better.

Displacement needs to be turned up higher and higher the further from the camera you get.