Tears for Kariway?

Hi!

Are there any tears-products working with the Kariway character (I do not use the body morph product)?

I tried "tear jerker" and "tears HD plentyful tears". Both do not work.

Thanks!

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Both do not work.

Tears HD Plentiful Tears is for Genesis 3. Not the easiest choice if making items compatible ain't your strength.

tear jerker is for Genesis 8 (and 3, 8.1). Kariway ? It's for Genesis 8 also. So it should work with your character or any other. Select the Genesis : double click a tear thumbnail and bam ! you got it. I don't really see what could go wrong (EDIT : there are some issues with tear jerker bundle).

Do that a bit more manually to understand how Geoshells work. Create > New Geometry Shell(s). If you make multiple Shells (to cumulate tears effects), offset them one on top of the other to avoid shells' geometry intersection (Parameters > Genesis 8 Shell > Mesh Offset > Offset Distance (cm)). Select a Shell in the Scene Tab, click on some of the "Base Materials", "Nosebleed Material", etc. from the Tears HD plentyful bundle, to apply the texture to your geoshell. Done.

Parts of the geoshell's Surfaces might go white after applying a material from your tears bundles. Fix that by :

- hiding unecessary parts of the Geoshell : Parameters Tab > Shell. All you need is Face : On. Everything else can be set to OFF.

- or from the Surfaces Tab by setting all surfaces' Opacity Strength to 0%. In both cases, only the Geoshelles surface will appear (setting Shell parts Off being the best solution).

But again, a simple click on "01 Tears Base Materials" seems to load geoshells and apply textures. You can then simply select geoshells auto-created in the Scene Tab, apply whatever you want on them.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • paidpaid Posts: 31

Thank you hansolocambo,

setting the Shell parts Off was the solution to my problem, although I also have to let the head shell part On.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited October 2022

Cool. Glad it worked. Sometimes a content is called "done and ready to sell" .... when there are still very obvious issues that appear at every click on thumbnails  (ಥ﹏ಥ)

I didn't check with 8.1, but on a G8 character, those tears geoshells make the body white in some areas areas and the user then has to manually fix that by hiding Geoshell parts that should have been hidden when saving the .duf files. A bit of extra work then ;)

Cheers.

Post edited by hansolocambo on