RY Felina for Victoria 8?

Ok, so I have been updating my content. Found the lovely RY Felina for Victoria 8. Purchased it. Not realizing that in my zeal I had not purchased vic'8

Tonight, vic'8.1 was reduced so I purchased it. 
But it seems that Felina is not compatible with it? It keeps telling me that the FBMvictoria8.dsf could not be found. FHMvictoria8.dsf could not be found.

I thought maybe, I needed to close DS and reopen it. But, that did not work.
I did use the install manager to install it.

Am I needing to buy vic'8 too?
(I do realize this may be a stupid question. I am just getting back into DS. A little bit of patience would be deeply appreciated)

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Victoria 8.1 is not Victoria 8.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,504
    edited September 2022
    'Fraid Gordig is correct. V8.1 is not an upgrade of V8, but instead is a completely different character. It's a real change from the way V4.2 was an upgrade from V4 in the past. All I can suggest is, if you don't want V8.1, that you return the character and ask for your money back. Regards, Richard.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • richardandtracy said:

'Fraid Gordig is correct. V8.1 is not an upgrade of V8, but instead is a completely different character. It's a real change from the way V4.2 was an upgrade from V4 in the past. All I can suggest is, if you don't want V8.1, that you return the character and ask for your money back. Regards, Richard.

I see. I had assumed that with it being "Victoria 8.1" it was an upgrade that included the previous morphs etc. The name kind of denotes it is an upgrade.
    I will then have to purchase the Vic' 8 as well it seems. 
    Might as well build the library now. Thank you for the information. I appreciate it

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

DarkElegance said:

richardandtracy said:

I see. I had assumed that with it being "Victoria 8.1" it was an upgrade that included the previous morphs etc. The name kind of denotes it is an upgrade.
    I will then have to purchase the Vic' 8 as well it seems. 
    Might as well build the library now. Thank you for the information. I appreciate it

Genesis 8.1 is an upgrade to Genesis 8, but Michael and Victoria 8.1 are distinct characters from M8 and V8.