Daz Studio, Issues on RX 6000

touji_ayanamitouji_ayanami Posts: 50

Hi guys. I used to play games on a 1080ti and Render on a 3090 (they are both on the same machine). Recently I wanted to try some AMD GPUs since they are more on the price/perfomance. I have a new OLED 120hz 4K TV so I need soemthing better for gaming.

A friend lend me a RX 6600 but I have constant hangs on the viewport. The program keeps runing, and I can save and load, but the viewport image freezes and shows no change. On saving the icon becomes a blue pic.

I'm a newbie to AMD software and drives, so I wonder if anyone knows a way to fix this.

Post edited by touji_ayanami on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited September 2022

What display mode do you use in your viewport?

Iray can't use AMD GPU at all to render, so if you use Iray preview and only have that GPU then the viewport will use your CPU, and that's waaaaay slower than when using the GPU.

Post edited by Leana on
  • Leana said:

What display mode do you use in your viewport?

Iray can't use AMD GPU at all to render, so if you use Iray preview and only have that GPU then the viewport will use your CPU, and that's waaaaay slower than when using the GPU.

Yes I know, I have the 3090 configured for Iray (I can see the Iray preview with no issues), the viewport hangs on the default  'Texture shaded' display mode after sometime working.