[SOLVED] Need help in trying to find what obj file is used in a scene

I am creating a dungeon scene, where I have built cells using various objects then grouped them together into a single room (Ex Cell 1, Cell 2, Cell 3 etc), then I am adding the walls for the hallways.  However, the walls for the hallway are darker than the walls of the cells. However, I am using the same texture file for all the walls.

When I try to troubleshoot this, I see different parameters for each wall. For the hallway wall, I can edit the diffuse color. For the cell wall I have a base color. This leads me to believe I am using 2 different walls, which is causing the darker wall issue. If the difference wasn't so obvious, I'd ignore it. I've tried lightening the hall wall segment, but nothing. Right now, since I just started on the hallways, I fell it would be easier to replace the walls the readd the texture, but I don't know what wall was used for the cell. I know I could darken the walls on the cells, but there are a lot of walls to edit.

Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated

Post edited by shg0816_13461e8196 on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Diffuse color indicates that it is a 3DL shader. Try to apply Iray Uber (if you are using Iray).

• Apply the Iray Uber Base preset with the corridor walls and their surfaces selected, then select one of the cell walls 9assuming theya re using that shader - you can see the current shader at top-left of the editor tab of the Surfaces pane; Iray Uber base will be used if Iray is the active renderer, Daz default if 3Delight is active), Edit>Copy>Copy surface, then select the walls and their surfaces, Edit>Paste>Paste Surface (from memory, I think there are slightly more words). If they don't all use the same settinsg then you will have to opy an example of one you want to mtach, then paste it to the ones you want matched.

• Thank you both!  I will try using an Uber shader

• I was able to figure out what I did.  When I build the cells, I used a shader first then applied a layer of grine over it.  It was the file name that threw me.