Remixing your art with AI

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,944
    edited November 2023

Diomede said:

Stable Diffusion with ControlNet has a menu for loading rigged FBX, JSON, and similar models.  But my custom toon Marx brothers do not appear to transfer correctly from Carrara FBX to Stable Diffusion.  crying

Have you tried to transfer your Carrara FBX to Blender

and then export from Blender as FBX or any other format, that ControlNet accepts.

I am going via Blender when I need to export FBX models from Shape-E to Daz Studio, for example.

Awesome work and your thoughts about you experiments with Stable Diffusion.

I am also doing my experiments with AI for the same reasons.

Post edited by Artini on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

A video using my trained Textual Inversion Embedding

a recent pic of me for comparisson

I added my embedding to try, the words to trigger it are myself, AND wendyvain,

beginning and end of prompt

it will sometimes work with just wendyvain in the prompt but for specific use something like "myself, a woman doing such and such or wearing such and such etc, wendyvain" should trigger it

it was trained on Dreamshaper7 specifically but I think any SD v1.5 model should work

Nice work, Wendy.

I have not tried to make my own Textual Inversion Embedding, yet.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086

WendyLuvsCatz said:

it will sometimes work with just wendyvain in the prompt but for specific use something like "myself, a woman doing such and such or wearing such and such etc, wendyvain" should trigger it

it was trained on Dreamshaper7 specifically but I think any SD v1.5 model should work

That is awe-inspiring!  Well done.  I just did my first masking in image2image, and my first upscale.  So I am still just taking my first steps.  Unfortunately, I continue to get conflicts among extensions related to animation.  The most recent conflict was with deforum.  

Artini said:

Diomede said:

Stable Diffusion with ControlNet has a menu for loading rigged FBX, JSON, and similar models.  But my custom toon Marx brothers do not appear to transfer correctly from Carrara FBX to Stable Diffusion.  crying

Have you tried to transfer your Carrara FBX to Blender

and then export from Blender as FBX or any other format, that ControlNet accepts.

I am going via Blender when I need to export FBX models from Shape-E to Daz Studio, for example.

Awesome work and your thoughts about you experiments with Stable Diffusion.

I am also doing my experiments with AI for the same reasons.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried for a similar model some time ago but have forgotten the details.  I think I had to look up FBX versions on the web and use a conversion, but I don't remember for sure.  Given how crude my toon figures are (intentionally), I would probably be better off just transferring the mesh to Blender and rigging there.  I have successfully done something similar with Mixamo.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited November 2023

well I have yet to try FBX with ControlNet, Deforum is fussier about ControlNet too, a few that work fine with Image2Image won't work for me in Deforum

my build being in a VOC container is different from before when I use A1111 standalone so again I am not much help

I have serious conflicts due to my hardware set up with my iGPU

Fooocus has now decided to stop working too surprise

a Video of my AI likeness

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

The details in the video are amazing, Wendy.

I have found tutorials for making animations in ComfyUI.

Just need to find some time for make it.

• Artini said:

The details in the video are amazing, Wendy.

I have found tutorials for making animations in ComfyUI.

Just need to find some time for make it.

thx

Nodes terrify me so nothing comfy about that UI surprise 

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

this was fun to watch and listen to, Wendy. Well-done! 

• thx Cris

edited November 2023

Trying to figure out, how to recreate in Daz Studio something, like this...

cows06.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 172K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2023

... and of course The Pigs

pigs04.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 262K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2023

Could not forget about The Cats...

cats05.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 242K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2023

DAZ Filament Render reimagined with Stable Diffusion

Music is also AI created using Sumo Chirp

you can see the 2 Filament renders used as shorts on my Madcatlady channel if curious 

https://youtube.com/shorts/V5uZb9URi0g?si=H1R3YVWXcq8SldAC

https://youtube.com/shorts/GxhYCojnLhQ?si=5xxDyUfEdzkPCfXA

edited November 2023

Great work, Artini.  Daz Studio can probably render anything, but needs Blender or ZBrush or.... to do the sculpting or modeling.  I did some more playing around.  Here is yet another interpretation of the myth of George vs the Dragon, perhaps suitable for cover art.  I started with decades old Poser figures in Carrara, and rendered a depth pass.  Poser 7 Sydney and Simon.  Maybe 10 - 15 minutes to throw together the Carrara scene, including customzing with the built in terrain modeler and plant modeler.  I used the depth pass in Controlnet to help direct the way in which Stable Diffusion manipulated the image.  I will attach the original Carrara render and its Carrara depth pass in addition to the Stable Diffusion output.  Pretty sure Daz Studio could do the same as Carrara's depth pass.  Canvasses I think is the term.

upscaled output of stable diffusion.png
    1024 x 1536 - 2M
    Goerge Dragon Carrara Output 01.png
    512 x 768 - 747K
    Goerge Dragon Carrara Output 01_Depth.png
    512 x 768 - 72K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Another great creation, Diomede.

Looks like I need to learn much more...

edited November 2023

A Stonemason ruin in Twinmotion, Zombie Diffused

Video1000000000.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 581K
    20231120174454_000000000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Artini said:

Thanks for the explanation, Wendy.

Hope to try it at some point. It seems unavoidable...

more or less my reasoning

I don't do commercial work, 3D is just a hobby for me so feel less guilty

I understand the artists point of view but I am not on one side or the other and resent being called a thief because I am exploring and educating myself on new technology

the minute I deprive someone of some income by my actions I will accept the thief label

I haven't 

it's not black and white for me, it's a spectrum and I am in the middle or grey area on my feelings

I am sad DAZ PAs who I have even recently like in the last week bought products from are so angry about it

for them it seems a black and white issue but they created their models, I am just a user/customer and IMO not an artist either (me personally that is) I am a hobbyist that uses premade models by others

I don't steal 3D models, I don't upload other people's art

I have Greg Rutkowski's Witcher art in my desktop rotation (it came with my bought Witcher games and he was paid by them) wink

I have looked at it and my DAZ stuff and considered doing a render based on it, shoot me!

I am in a similar boat.  yes

Artini said:

Another great creation, Diomede.

Looks like I need to learn much more...

Thanks for the kind words.  You are lightyears ahead of me, making the kind words even more kind.  yes

edited November 2023

Custom Figures for Comic Strip

Years ago, I modeled and rigged some custom figures intending to make a comic strip or animation.  Never finished the Brash Lonergan and Moxie Espinoza comic strip, but I still trot out the figures now and again.  It is amazing what the AI programs can do.  Here is an example.  I posed my figures in Carrara, along with simple primitives, and rendered out a base render and a depth pass.  In Stable Diffusion's Controlnet extension, I used the base render for the 'canny' function and the depth pass for the 'depth' function, setting each to half strength.  I then entered some simple verbal prompts describing the scene.  Here is my base render and the result.  Going for the look of a 1940s newspaper comic strip, so this has too much modern anime influence despite my putting anime among the negative prompts, but still amazing to me.  Find the base render and the depth pass attached.

I prompted for doing in comic style of the Flash Gordon creator.  I would have to touch this up.  For example, you can see from my base render (attached) that the colors of the uniform are reversed.  Here is the verbal prompt for the man in the foreground.  (1 boy) man blonde hair in foreground wearing uniform (red shirt, gold trim, blue pants) standing, pressing right hand against pillar, holding box of tools with left hand.  

Result from AI

Carrara Renders.png
    517 x 768 - 168K
    SD output hi 2.png
    1024 x 1024 - 966K
    Carrara Renders_Depth.png
    517 x 768 - 37K
    edited November 2023

Using a different model makes a huge difference.  Here is the result of using the same verbal prompts and the same input images but using a different model.  The result for the figures is much closer to the 1940s style, but the sets and props are not as good.  And where did that moon come from?

different model.png
    512 x 768 - 564K

Nice experiments with depth pass.

Yes, different models, seeds values, LORAs gives different results.

Just trying to figure out the best workflow for me.

edited November 2023

Making comics is another idea to try...

Comic06.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 413K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2023

Two Lions...

Ancient22.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 221K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2023

Meerkats...

Ancient52.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 268K
    Post edited by Artini on

Wow!  Very cool, @Artini

Thanks, Diomede.

Wish, I could create similar images from scratch using Daz Studio.

edited November 2023

There is available https://www.daz3d.com/space-bash

so here is the image to inspire some possible creations with it, I think.

SciFi01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 187K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2023

The other one would be cool to recreate in Daz Studio

SciFi02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 185K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2023

Just one more...