Saving Pose Presets - Draw Method Smooth Shaded

lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 446

It appears that when my viewport is set to 'Smooth Shaded'  and I save a 'Pose Preset'  (current frame), no preview image (png) is generated.

I can take a screenshot, paste it into paint, and crop my 3 screen wide image, for each and every pose preset I'm doing.  If I'm on a pose creation day, this severely increases the work time for a single pose.

Is there a setting somewhere that I need to adjust to get it to do this on its own?  It works fine if I select 'Texture Shaded'. I really don't want that type of preview, however.

edit: I should note that this means the pose never shows up inside of the content library where I saved it because it has no image. Hence, if I actually want to use the pose, I MUST create an image manually for it.

Suggestions?

EDIT2:  Wierd.  Set timeline to frame 30, set a new pose, saved, and it generated png (in color not smooth shaded).  After making a png for the first one, applied the pose at the same frame, saved on top, and it also generated a png.  Wonder if it's a frame 0 thing.

Post edited by lorddayradon on

Comments

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2022

[...] content library where I saved it because it has no image

I never tried to save a pose preset with smooth shader set in the viewport as I tend to prefer making nice renders for thumbnail previews.

But I tried and indeed, saving with smooth shaded won't save a smooth shaded preview. BUT it saves a texture shaded thumbnail. Not nothing in my case.

I don't think there's a solution for that. It sure ain't a logical behavior so maybe should you submit a ticket about that.

-----------------------------

Advice as you obviously don't own Photoshop :

paste it into paint

Paint... really ? Use Krita, Gimp. They're free and excellent Photoshop alternatives.

crop my 3 screen wide image [...]

Doing that manually for each screenshot is a loss of time. Instead, install Greenshot. Also free. Great screenshot little app. With it you can save a precise portion of any of your screen(s) (in this case Daz Viewport) and send it straight to the app of your choice (Photoshop, Krita, any app really). Just need to use Greenshot's "Configure External Command" to specify where is the .exe of the app you to send your screenshots to.

Greenshot remembers the last screen area you made a screenshot of. So as long as you don't resize Daz UI or move Tabs around, you can easily, with a shortcut you define, save always the same screen portion.

I MUST create an image manually for it.

Once in Krita or Gimp (that I don't use so I can't help much), you can resize your image as 256x256 up to 640x640. Name it as png (same name as the duf). And there you go, you'll have a nice thumbnail + bigger preview.

Daz autosaving the viewport is a nice auto-option but it can't really give a pro look to those thumbnail's poses you're working on. Better go through a 2D app. Doesn't take much longer. And at least this way you'll be able to get your smooth shader thumbnail if that's really what you wanna go for. It's often used for poses, but it's not mandatory.

-----------------------------

N.B : In photoshop one can record actions. To quickly do the same sequence of tasks on a new image without having to do the same clicks again and again. I guess there's a similar option in Gimp or Krita (?) look for that before working everything manually. Batching processes is always a good option, whenever possible.

Post edited by hansolocambo on