Mechasar's Characters Catalog: Who's next? (commercial)

Comments

• MechasarMechasar Posts: 181

barbult said:

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Will that fix it for all the fruit shapes?

Thank YOU for reporting the problem. Anyway, the updated morph has been submitted, so you can  find it in your library in the next days. Sure, that fix applies to all fruit shapes because it’s built on the base figure.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Daz is really not supporting you. There is a new item in my product library that says Evil_Pumpkin_Morph_Correction.zip, but it has no download link. There is a product update to Evil Pumpkin Add-ons in DIM, but any attempt to download it fails, and the DIM log reports a network error.

edited June 2023

barbult said:

Daz is really not supporting you. There is a new item in my product library that says Evil_Pumpkin_Morph_Correction.zip, but it has no download link. There is a product update to Evil Pumpkin Add-ons in DIM, but any attempt to download it fails, and the DIM log reports a network error.

All I can say is, let's give them more time. Sorry for that, meanwhile I'd be glad if you can use my instructions. Those are the same steps that would be included in the corrected morph file.

Post edited by Mechasar on
    edited June 2023

Well, I didn't need to try the instructions. Daz posted the morph updates in DIM this evening. Unfortunately they haven't fixed the problem of the missing texture files for the fruit. They are in the Product Library as a second Evil Pumpkin Add-ons zip package, but not available in DIM. I updated my help request. The request about the missing files is 13 days old now, without a single customer service response. Fortunately I was able to install the textures manually from the Product Library, but I prefer to install everything with DIM.

So the lips closed and eye movement morphs are working fine now. Thanks for the rapid fix. Here is Evil Pumpkin man after a feast in the desert. yes, it is strange. Some times these things just develop a life of their own as I'm working on them. But then with Evil Pumpkin man, how could the image not be strange?

Evil Pumpkin man.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I bought this immediately!  Much of your work ends up in the erotic monster games I make.  If I can make any suggestions at all, it is make monstrous, creepy male monsters- but unlike Daz- if you make any female ones, make them sexy.  Daz (and other creators) has a tendency to make female creatures ugly.  It makes no sense to me, but anyway, for example, I need humanoid plant people.  So, since you did so awesome on your plant monster, if you can use the plant textures and such and make a big male plant creature for G8M and then a female version for one of your G8F characters (but again make the woman look as attractive as your human female models), I will buy that so fast!  I could use gross insectoid humanoid monsters.  Like roach people and fly people, where the males look like humanoid roaches/flies and the females do too, but obviously in a kinky, hot way.  The octopus, Otto, I also need aquatic humanoid monsters for my work.  Crab people, lobsters, manta-ray, you know, a world of undersea Lovecraftian stuff, and again, since this new octopus skin is so awesome and your skills are amazing, I think you could pull off some really cool creatures (I know I sound like a proken record but the lady versions should be hot), but yeah, I bought this and it was a great idea of yours!  I look forward to seeing what you do in the future since I have so much of your work!  So there are some ideas!

edited June 2023

barbult said:

Well, I didn't need to try the instructions. Daz posted the morph updates in DIM this evening. Unfortunately they haven't fixed the problem of the missing texture files for the fruit. They are in the Product Library as a second Evil Pumpkin Add-ons zip package, but not available in DIM. I updated my help request. The request about the missing files is 13 days old now, without a single customer service response. Fortunately I was able to install the textures manually from the Product Library, but I prefer to install everything with DIM.

So the lips closed and eye movement morphs are working fine now. Thanks for the rapid fix. Here is Evil Pumpkin man after a feast in the desert. yes, it is strange. Some times these things just develop a life of their own as I'm working on them. But then with Evil Pumpkin man, how could the image not be strange?

Great! It could be the beginning of a story set in a desert oasis, where an evil plant lures travelers into a deathtrap. If you need some more inspiration, I think the combination of the freebie EmotiGuy and the fruits add-ons works quite well ;) 

EvilPumpkin_Inspiration01.jpg
    894 x 861 - 603K

anaximanes_2000 said:

I bought this immediately!  Much of your work ends up in the erotic monster games I make.  If I can make any suggestions at all, it is make monstrous, creepy male monsters- but unlike Daz- if you make any female ones, make them sexy.  Daz (and other creators) has a tendency to make female creatures ugly.  It makes no sense to me, but anyway, for example, I need humanoid plant people.  So, since you did so awesome on your plant monster, if you can use the plant textures and such and make a big male plant creature for G8M and then a female version for one of your G8F characters (but again make the woman look as attractive as your human female models), I will buy that so fast!  I could use gross insectoid humanoid monsters.  Like roach people and fly people, where the males look like humanoid roaches/flies and the females do too, but obviously in a kinky, hot way.  The octopus, Otto, I also need aquatic humanoid monsters for my work.  Crab people, lobsters, manta-ray, you know, a world of undersea Lovecraftian stuff, and again, since this new octopus skin is so awesome and your skills are amazing, I think you could pull off some really cool creatures (I know I sound like a proken record but the lady versions should be hot), but yeah, I bought this and it was a great idea of yours!  I look forward to seeing what you do in the future since I have so much of your work!  So there are some ideas!

Thanks for suggestions, I'll think about it!

• Mechasar said:

anaximanes_2000 said:

I bought this immediately!  Much of your work ends up in the erotic monster games I make.  If I can make any suggestions at all, it is make monstrous, creepy male monsters- but unlike Daz- if you make any female ones, make them sexy.  Daz (and other creators) has a tendency to make female creatures ugly.  It makes no sense to me, but anyway, for example, I need humanoid plant people.  So, since you did so awesome on your plant monster, if you can use the plant textures and such and make a big male plant creature for G8M and then a female version for one of your G8F characters (but again make the woman look as attractive as your human female models), I will buy that so fast!  I could use gross insectoid humanoid monsters.  Like roach people and fly people, where the males look like humanoid roaches/flies and the females do too, but obviously in a kinky, hot way.  The octopus, Otto, I also need aquatic humanoid monsters for my work.  Crab people, lobsters, manta-ray, you know, a world of undersea Lovecraftian stuff, and again, since this new octopus skin is so awesome and your skills are amazing, I think you could pull off some really cool creatures (I know I sound like a proken record but the lady versions should be hot), but yeah, I bought this and it was a great idea of yours!  I look forward to seeing what you do in the future since I have so much of your work!  So there are some ideas!

Thanks for suggestions, I'll think about it!

My pleasure!  It will be great to have more unique creatures as every Daz genesis generation has the same ones, just rehashed- goblin, sasquatch, yeti, vampire, zombie, demon, ad nauseum.  Anyway, thank you again! 

Wow, those EmotiGuy fruits are fabulous!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,226

anaximanes_2000 said:

If I can make any suggestions at all, it is make monstrous, creepy male monsters- but unlike Daz- if you make any female ones, make them sexy.  Daz (and other creators) has a tendency to make female creatures ugly.

I have to wonder if we're looking at the same Daz store - or even the same internet. Compare Xenoman, a fairly faithful recreation of Xenomorphs, to Xenogirl, who is a sexy woman with some prosthetics. Hell, even compare Mechasar's male characters to their female characters: almost all of the male characters are grotesque in some way or another, and almost all of the female characters are sexy.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,262

The second part of the Evil Pumpkin add-ons is still not showing in DIM. (Yes, I know how to get it.)

NorthOf45 said:

The second part of the Evil Pumpkin add-ons is still not showing in DIM. (Yes, I know how to get it.)

I sent in a help request about that weeks ago. It was ignored for 24 days until I sent a second request asking why my (multiple) requests got no response. Now it is in the "bug tracker". I think manual installation from the product library zip is our only choice for the near future.

barbult said:

NorthOf45 said:

I sent in a help request about that weeks ago. It was ignored for 24 days until I sent a second request asking why my (multiple) requests got no response. Now it is in the "bug tracker". I think manual installation from the product library zip is our only choice for the near future.

Seeing as it took six months to get rid of the Moon Mining Machine Templates from DIM, you may be right.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    Mechasar, have you ever considered doing head/body morphs packages? I really love your character sculpts, especially how you handle body softness and stylization.

plasma_ring said:

Mechasar, have you ever considered doing head/body morphs packages? I really love your character sculpts, especially how you handle body softness and stylization.

An interesting set for Genesis 9 is on its way ;)

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    Mechasar said:

plasma_ring said:

An interesting set for Genesis 9 is on its way ;)

I am SO stoked to hear this, thank you!!
    edited August 2023

"that old tavern is where Esra finally found his long-lost elder sister..."

[WIP] :)

EsraT_TeaserPoster.jpg
    1200 x 726 - 893K
  • Mechasar, sorry to bother you, but today I went to use the Slime Attack update, and while it shows up for my G3F, it does not show up when I have a G8F selected.  Can you let me know where I find it in the Smart Content?

anaximanes_2000 said:

Mechasar, sorry to bother you, but today I went to use the Slime Attack update, and while it shows up for my G3F, it does not show up when I have a G8F selected.  Can you let me know where I find it in the Smart Content?

When the Smart Content doesn’t work you need to use the Content Library, or try to reinstall the product, this is the best I can suggest. But if you’re not a fan of manual searching, just open the Slime Attack in your Smart Content, right click on one of the poses or props for G3F, then select “Show Asset in/Content Library>Mapped Folder”. You’ll be redirected instantly to the Slime Attack folder in your Content Library, where you can easily find all the remaining props and poses for the other Genesis models.

• Oh, interesting.  Are all the add-ons like this, or will I find the others in their Smart Content folders as usual?  (I am not a technical person and so I usually use Smart Content.)

anaximanes_2000 said:

Oh, interesting.  Are all the add-ons like this, or will I find the others in their Smart Content folders as usual?  (I am not a technical person and so I usually use Smart Content.)

That solution works always, but I think most of the add-ons should work in the Smart Content properly.

• Thanks! I apologize for this as you know that I am a huge fan, and I own a lot of your products. Ok, I followed what you said and found the things, including the props. This could potentially help others that wind up lost like I am without Smart Content doing it all for me. In fact, I think this is the first time I ever bought anything on the Daz Store that was NOT in my Smart Content lol so, fan suggestion, consider whatever magic you creators do that makes everything work in Smart Content.  Anyway, thanks again!

Daz creates the metadata that makes things work (or not work) in Smart Content. Daz gets the credit and the blame. It is not up to the PA creating the product.

I just realized why the Evil Pumpkin textures are not getting through in DIM. There are two parts, and both are -08, a definite no-no. There can never be two products that have the same SKU and Part (IM000xxxxx-nn) even if the name part is different. One or both just need a new number, nothing else.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 703
    edited September 2023

Edit: I found Natural Movements Pack for Genesis 9 under the parameter tab.

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,941
    edited September 2023

I really **"hate" this Natural Movement Pack for the simple reason that it has now ruined most corrective morph packs for me!  :^) ;^)

Mechasar has combined multiple virtual morph packs into one, first muscles and bends, then creases and contours, I'm kicking myself for originally suggesting that the morphs weren't anatomically realistic as much as stylistic. <= Boy, was I wrong!

I keep finding nice little surprises with this pack that continually impresses me, particularly of note the wrinkle morphs with the hands and FINGERS<= I tried the same, and holy crap, what a pain in the a** it was to do, hell, I never actually finished the morphs! :^P

Yeah, I now have ample reason to get on the G9 train, as I was waiting for the Ultimate Natural Bend Morph package to arrive, and yes, I'm still getting UNBM, (If it comes out as that is my go-to as well as NMPso if and when it does, I may have difficulty making both work as I love both styles equally for different reasons!

**Satirical comment.

EDIT: Ok, I just took a peak at Mechasar's catalogue, and just snagged Gladys as I want moar morphs, now I'm spoiled... ;^)

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,226

I'd completely overlooked Natural Movements because I thought it was just a pose pack, and I don't buy poses.

• Gordig said:

I'd completely overlooked Natural Movements because I thought it was just a pose pack, and I don't buy poses.

Yeah, me niether but I can understand that some don't have the luxury of a lot of time for themselves. 

edited November 2023
    EsrasSister_TeaserPoster2.jpg
    1280 x 1600 - 2M
    EsrasSister_TeaserPoster3.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 1M
  • kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 121
    edited November 2023

Mechasar said:

Fae3D said:

I have a question about "Cathy for Yvalanore".  Will the fur and materials only work on Yvalanore specifically, or can I use them on other G8F if I don't have Yvalanore?  Same thing with Hitoshi Sensei, do I have to have him specifically to make the tree work, if I'd rather use a different face?  I have several of your products, and am especially interested in the morphs for Caryn and Tobyn, as I use them very often, but I don't have all of them.

Well, Cathy’s dForce hair is designed to match her shape. Without the Yvalanore character maybe you'll get some fiber distortions, especially on her face and ears. But other than that I should discourage you from installing any add-ons if you’re not going to install the related basic character first, that’s because there could be some hidden auto-corrective morphs included which are connected in glove with the new character shape. That means that, if the auto-corrective morph can’t find its linked shape, it will be activated in any case for every shape you use, causing mesh distortions for every character. So, you can give it a try, but I can not guarantee in this case, and if you notice any distortion on meshes be sure to uninstall the add-on.

I think the only add-ons you can use alone without incurring problems are the SlimeAttack and Hitoshi Sensei.

I just bought the pack recently and am having trouble understanding this.  So, if I try to use the new morph for Beverly without owning all of the products, does that mean the rest of the characters will be distorted?

Also, I'd like to encourage you to keep making stuff.  Gladys is one of my favorite characters.  If you ever do get around to it, do you think you can look at original Beverly's textures?  It seems like she loses SSS properties in her hands.  In some lighting situations they look bleached, or like she was washing dishes all day!  Not something I'd ever let her do, btw! :D

You have some of the most unique and interesting characters on the market. Love them! Someday I will get enough money to buy them all! 

EDIT: just read a post above this that mentions Smart Content.  Can confirm that Smart Content does not show the vast majority of anything installed from the pack.  It takes some hunting through SC to find anything, let alone everything.

EDIT 2: I CAN'T WAIT for your next release... They look fantastic!

Post edited by kirbawirba on