Space Road Stop & Space Road Stop Add-On 01, just WOW

2»

Comments

• generalgameplayinggeneralgameplaying Posts: 504
    edited April 2023

For a moment i wanted to throw in "Space Pit Stop!", but then i realized that i don't even know what a pit stop is. I'm just a language model...

Post edited by generalgameplaying on
  • kerabera said:

mmm that strange, i just checked my files and it's "à".

the õ is a spanish sign and i'm not spanish.

I no explanation that's how it installed and daz studio kicked up "cannot find so I had to change them.
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,737
    edited April 2023

I also see "à".  But in general it's best to stick to alpha-numeric (a-z A-Z 0-9) hypen (-) and underscore (_) only, in filenames.  Special characters are causing trouble in many contexts (e.g. in attachements in this forum) because people are using different encoding schemes. 

srs_br-machine.png
    337 x 289 - 9K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • keraberakerabera Posts: 117
    edited April 2023

in fact i remember that daz server don't support special sign outside of english langage. i just forget to put a classic "a" instead of the "à", that why it is bugged.

Post edited by kerabera on
  • The URI format used in DSON is being revised to support a broader range of characters - this is what broke paths with doubled up /s.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,737
    edited April 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

The URI format used in DSON is being revised to support a broader range of characters - this is what broke paths with doubled up /s.

Why actually (I presume you mean in DS)?  Alphanumeric plus hyphen and underscore (and space in some contexts) works fine for file names.  For text documents it's fine with fancy encoding for multiple languages (though it has its issues too it's rarely breaking anything), but for programming and file system purposes it's better to keep things simple IMO.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049
    edited April 2023

Taoz said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The URI format used in DSON is being revised to support a broader range of characters - this is what broke paths with doubled up /s.

Why actually (I presume you mean in DS)?  Alphanumeric plus hyphen and underscore (and space in some contexts) works fine for file names.  For text documents it's fine with fancy encoding for multiple languages (though it has its issues too it's rarely breaking anything), but for programming and file system purposes it's better to keep things simple IMO.

DSON is the format used in content files. http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/dson_spec/start File names have to be writable to that, I think DS internally uses standard strings which are more tolerant. As for why, there have been issus with people using the "right" name for an item and causing issues, and not all users are anglophone.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on