Can we have plant shaders for IRAY please

I think, because we have now a lot of plants for DS, we need plant shaders for Iray, in order to get that nice "sun shines through leaves effect". Also different Plants have different surfaces like shiny, velvet or dull.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

What I have been doing is to use the translucency Weight at abut 0.30 - 0.50 and to use the diffuse map in the translucency colour channel. Set Gloss Weight to say 0.40 to start with and Gloss Roughness to about 0.60. To give shaper highlights take down the Weight and roughness. For more matte increase roughness to about 0.85 and possibly increase the gloss weight. I do think adding that the diffuse map to the translucency colour channel isn't the right way but it will do for me for now.

But IMHO the get the best results is for a Translucency weight map having the veins of the leaves Grey/Black and the more translucent parts of the leaves white. That would allow more realistic results and open up the translucency colour bar without using the diffuse map.

I haven't tried any SSS setting yet on leaves. Something I have to test. But it wouldn't hurt for close ups.

I also found that dropping the Diffuse colour from White 1.0 to about 0.75 grey on the leaves and bark gives better results when using the Iray Sun and Sky light setting at defualt.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,816

thank you :) bookmarked

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    Szark said:

I also found that dropping the Diffuse colour from White 1.0 to about 0.75 grey on the leaves and bark gives better results when using the Iray Sun and Sky light setting at defualt.

For almost everything...pure white in a PBR is 'too much'.  It is overkill.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

thank you :) bookmarked

My pleasure

mcj yeah exactly from what I have been reading 0.80, 0.80, 0.80 is the max one should go