Earring prop rendering in different orientation and position than Iray preview

I've never had this problem before. I found one forum post about someone having a similar issue, but it was with an earring prop they created. I'm having the problem with the earrings that come with the Mystique 2 outfit by Herschel Hoffmeyer. I've used them numerous times before and this has never happened as far as I could tell. I've attached two screenshots: the earrings in Iray preview, and in the render. They're not the same camera and the render is zoomed in because it's hard ot see without zooming in.

earrings in preview.jpg
334 x 439 - 25K
earrings rendered.jpg
144 x 209 - 4K

Comments

• Also just tried deleting and reloading the earrings into the same scene, and the same thing happens. After reloading, I didn't even change the orientation, just left it at default, and it still rendered in the wrong orientation. I guess I should try on another scene as well, just to see if it's scene-dependent.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

They are attached with rigid follower nodes. So it could be due to subD level, although it seem like a rather significant change.

• That could be it, I usually set SubD and Render SubD levels the same, at least as a final check before rendering, but in this case I went back and realized the character had a higher Render SubD. I switched to another earring in this scene just to get this render done, but I will double-check that next time I use these earrings.