Grasp Helper for G8 Nipple Issue

So I am using grasp helper for g8 for the first time and it is great but everytime I apply it to a female or male figure the nipples become flat and smoothed over. I suspect it is something to do with the replacement figure the script applies but I can't seem to find a fix.  Anybody know how?

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Gamerheadset255 said:

So I am using grasp helper for g8 for the first time and it is great but everytime I apply it to a female or male figure the nipples become flat and smoothed over. I suspect it is something to do with the replacement figure the script applies but I can't seem to find a fix.  Anybody know how?

Don't know how to use Grasp Helper but .... do you have the morph packs ? if you do there should be a morph to flatten the nipples easy peasy .

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2022

Gamerheadset255 said:

if you do there should be a morph to flatten the nipples easy peasy .

The OP has a problem. And you give him another way to end up with the same problem..

-------------------------

If you created your pose before applying Grasp then there's no reason for the generated grasper and grasped objects to be any different from what they were. So no reason for anything to become flat if there was nothing flat being used as the grasper item.

I did a few tests and didn't see anything wrong with Grasp Helper which is more than the usual "ghost" and smoothing modifier as it duplicates the objects, hides the orignals, then subdivide the double, thus calculating the effect with more geometry/better results.

A screenshot, as always, would have helped to, maybe, understand what'syour issue.

Select the grasper (Genesis who's hand grasp something) then in the pop-up window select the grasped object. And that's all.

Grasp Helper is very useful even for those used to bridges to other 3D apps and custom morphs. As it batches the process of creating subdivided grasping of the skin (or any other object) in 1 click.

Really nice tool. Simple, and surprisingly efficient.

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • hansolocambo said:

Gamerheadset255 said:

if you do there should be a morph to flatten the nipples easy peasy .

The OP has a problem. And you give him another way to end up with the same problem..

-------------------------

If you created your pose before applying Grasp then there's no reason for the generated grasper and grasped objects to be any different from what they were. So no reason for anything to become flat if there was nothing flat being used as the grasper item.

I did a few tests and didn't see anything wrong with Grasp Helper which is more than the usual "ghost" and smoothing modifier as it duplicates the objects, hides the orignals, then subdivide the double, thus calculating the effect with more geometry/better results.

A screenshot, as always, would have helped to, maybe, understand what'syour issue.

Select the grasper (Genesis who's hand grasp something) then in the pop-up window select the grasped object. And that's all.

Grasp Helper is very useful even for those used to bridges to other 3D apps and custom morphs. As it batches the process of creating subdivided grasping of the skin (or any other object) in 1 click.

I wasn't sure if nude model screenshots were allowed but I have attached two here. One is before the helper is applied and the other is after. You can see a clear difference in the shape of the nipples despite the morphs remaining the exact same. Maybe its my optimization settings?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

Nude pictures are not allowed if textured.

It would probably be ok with smooth textured.

I don't have grasb helper, but I don't think what you want can be done with that. For that I think you would need a morph.

Maybe it could be done with mesh grabber.

• felis said:

Nude pictures are not allowed if textured.

It would probably be ok with smooth textured.

Yes, switch to Smooth Shaded Drawstyle and redo the images. This is in the little sphere icon to the elft of the camera/view picker at top-right of the Viewport

I don't have grasb helper, but I don't think what you want can be done with that. For that I think you would need a morph.

Maybe it could be done with mesh grabber.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Apologies I miss read the OP's issue .