Genesis 8 LIE Torso Tattoos on Genesis 8.1 Figures

I am in the process of creating a Genesis 8.1 figure, and want to use a tattoo that is designed for Genesis 8; however, I am running into a couple of issues. 1) When I apply a full back tattoo, the top portion gets cut off by the neck section. 2)When I apply either a left or right lower hip tattoo, the tattoo appears there; however, it also appears on the corresponding side of the neck.

For question 1, is there a workaround? If so, any suggestions? For question 2, is this really expected behavior?

If I can't use Genesis 8 tattoos on Genesis 8.1 figures, will vendors be creating tattoo sets for G8.1?

Comments

• Genesis 8.1 Skin UVs actually added a separate map for the neck/head aread. So the torso sections of Genesis 8 is split into two sections (and therefore two maps) called: Head and Body Surfaces. So tattoos that stay below the clavicle can be applied to Genesis 8.1, though you'd need to do so manually since LIE would be searching for the Torso section rather than Body. However, tattoos that are or touch the neck/head area will not work unless they are specifically designed for Genesis 8.1.

• Which UV Set is the figure you are applying the tattoo to using? Genessi 8.1 has a new UV set, as well as the Genesis 8 UVs, and the tattoos will not work with that if they are overlaid on the main maps. If they use a Geometry Shell it may be that the new surface groups are cinfusing it, in which case a simple copy and paste of the surfaces should fix the issue - at least for 1.