[Need Help] I am not getting shadows from light sources in Scene only Environment Mode

Hello, how's everyone doing?

I was working on this scene (Scene only Environment Mode) and everything was working fine but suddenly it stopped giving me shadows on the floor from my linear light sources which it was giving before, even spot light is not giving me shadows on either ray traced or soft shaodws options. How can i fix it?

Post edited by zaselim_08eb9236 on

Comments

• meganappstatemeganappstate Posts: 85
    edited September 2022

Did "Show ground" in the Environment panel get turned off?

Post edited by meganappstate on
  • zaselim_08eb9236zaselim_08eb9236 Posts: 64
    edited September 2022

meganappstate said:

Did "Show ground" in the Environment panel get turned off?

No, it is on and the distant lights showing the shadows even when the light luminosity is low enough to the extent that light is not reaching at my character but it is giviving shadows but spot light and linear/point lights are not giving any shadows now. I even restarted the daz studio and loaded the scene. Now i am rendering my image as dome and scene and turned the dome intensity to 0.01 so it can give shadows and strangley the intesity of ground shadows look exactly same as the dome environment intesity is on 1(def). Now i am gonna draw the angle shadows for my actual light source candles lamps on the right and left side of the scene. I am doing it this way now because i didn't want to make the enitre scene from the beginning because my daz loads my character/s or most of my scenes (some even take more than 2 hrs) too slow because i have a very bigger library of morphs and poses and daz's optimaztion with the content sucks and it attaches all the unsued morps and pose stuff to the character as well.

Post edited by zaselim_08eb9236 on
  • It isn't just that the shadows are being swamped by the other lights?

• Richard Haseltine said:

It isn't just that the shadows are being swamped by the other lights?

there were only 2 light source, left and right and it was giving me shadows from both sources. I added the distant light to get the shadow but they were not in placing so i removed ur and then later made the scene dome and scene like i mentioned and got the shadow from one angle and now i am gonna replicate it for the other side in photoshop.