How do you make a "go to" pose?

Hi, I have just purchased most of the "Dream Home" modules. I watched these be released all those years ago and thought it was a good product, just couldn't justify the price at the time. I now have the full set of the actual building and most of the furniture add on products. 

It is hugh, sort of Lotto dream home :) My question is, how do I make "go to" poses. I have used them in PW Production products and would like to be able to make them so I can move a character to the room I want to make an image in.

As I am lazy, it would be magnficent if some one has already made go to poses for this product. (but I would still like to know how to make them) 

Comments

• Move something, such as a figure (by the figure nodde, not the hip) or a primitive to the place you want, save a pose preset and make sure (if it's a figure) that it includes only the node used in the Options dialogue. You can now apply that to anything, and if you apply it to a figure it won't affect the figure's pose or local placement (e.g. for a couple pose or sitting pose - as long as that is done with the hip).

• drucdruc Posts: 399

Richard Haseltine said:

Move something, such as a figure (by the figure nodde, not the hip) or a primitive to the place you want, save a pose preset and make sure (if it's a figure) that it includes only the node used in the Options dialogue. You can now apply that to anything, and if you apply it to a figure it won't affect the figure's pose or local placement (e.g. for a couple pose or sitting pose - as long as that is done with the hip).

Thank you. It took a couple of goes to get the right options. I can now make these poses. I have added an image of the save options. 

Go-to-pose-settings.jpg
    491 x 534 - 45K
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595

druc said:

Hi, I have just purchased most of the "Dream Home" modules. I watched these be released all those years ago and thought it was a good product, just couldn't justify the price at the time. I now have the full set of the actual building and most of the furniture add on products. 

It is hugh, sort of Lotto dream home :) My question is, how do I make "go to" poses. I have used them in PW Production products and would like to be able to make them so I can move a character to the room I want to make an image in.

As I am lazy, it would be magnficent if some one has already made go to poses for this product. (but I would still like to know how to make them) 

I got into Daz Studio in 2008.  I've always been a dabbler at this (DS, Poser, Bryce, etc.).  I bought several Dream Home content items between 2009 and 2018; I just checked and the count is 18.  In doing a search of the Daz3D store today, there are just under 60 Dream Home items currently in the store.  I don’t know if there were any that are no longer in the store.  For those exterior content items, it appears there was neve a content item that contained the entire exterior of the Dream.  Do you know of such a content item.  After many years, I just loaded the DH Yard and Pool item and I see that it has a large empty area reserved for the house itself.