Jurogumo and Xenotype Specimen Alpha Questions

So I bought these creature characters and I've been having an issue with some of the poses. The poses work fine for the Jurogumo and Xenotype creatures but I get an error message that says 'An error occured while reading this file, see the log file for more details.' when I try to use the poses for the Genisis 8 figures they're supposed to be compatable with. Does anyone have a solution for this? I'd really like to use the poses at some point. 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,191

When asking about a product it is a good idea to link to that product so people know what you are talking about.

And what does the log file say?

• With Jurogumo it looks to be a set of poses that work with the beast paired with the Genesis 8 figure that are the reason for the compatible content listing, the creature is very different. In the case of the Xenotype Specimen in may simply be an error, there is no mention of paired poses, but in case it certainly doesn't mean the figure will take standard poses.

• Okay. Well, here's the product pages:
    https://www.daz3d.com/xenotype-specimen-alpha-original-creature
    https://www.daz3d.com/jurogumo-original-creature
    I don't know how to look at this log file thing. 
    I've tried creating a group with the Jurogomo and the Genesis 8 figure and I get the same response. 

• Do the poses have Hierarchical at top-right (assuming your Content Management System is running)? If so it's likely one should be parented to the other. But as I said above, this won't let you use regular human poses on the beasties.

• I finally figured out how to see the log file thing. 
    Here's what I think it said when I tried to use one of the poses from the Jurogumo on a Genesis 8 Female figure:
    2022-09-15 20:09:43.286 Iray [INFO] - IMAGE:IO ::   1.0   IMAGE  io   info : Loading image "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\EArkham\zworld\secret_alley_grave\tile_bricks_dark_roughness.jpg", no selector, pixel type "Rgb", 2048x2048x1 pixels, 1 miplevel.
    Here's what I think it said when I tried to use one of the poses on the Genesis 8 Female figure from the Xenotype Specimen:
    2022-09-15 20:09:43.286 Iray [INFO] - IMAGE:IO ::   1.0   IMAGE  io   info : Loading image "C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\EArkham\zworld\secret_alley_grave\tile_bricks_dark_roughness.jpg", no selector, pixel type "Rgb", 2048x2048x1 pixels, 1 miplevel.
    I have no idea what that means...

• That appears to be related to a prop, not the human(ish) figures. Do you have EArkham's Z World Secret Alley loaded?

• No, I don't. Is there any way I can clear out the log file so I can know for sure that I'm getting the right info to help? 

• You can clear the log by opening it, select everything and delete it, then save and close that.
  • roninwolf109roninwolf109 Posts: 46
    edited September 2022

Okay. I think this is the portion of the log file thing from trying to open the pose for the Jurogumo for the Genesis 8 Female:

2022-09-16 13:47:19.375 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...

2022-09-16 13:47:19.387 [WARNING] :: Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found.

2022-09-16 13:47:19.387 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/animals/sixus1/jorogumo/poses/jurogumo attacking genesis 8 female 1.duf

2022-09-16 13:47:19.387 [INFO] :: Operation failed

2022-09-16 13:47:19.524 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...

2022-09-16 13:47:19.524 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    And then here's the part that I think has something to do with why the pose won't work for the Xenotype Specimen:

2022-09-16 13:50:39.895 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /Animals/Xenotype Specimen Alpha/Poses/Big Bug for Xenotype Specimen Alpha/Big Bug 01.duf

2022-09-16 13:50:39.903 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...

2022-09-16 13:50:39.915 [WARNING] :: Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_pose" type; no root(s) found.

2022-09-16 13:50:39.915 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/animals/xenotype specimen alpha/poses/big bug for xenotype specimen alpha/big bug 01.duf

2022-09-16 13:50:39.915 [INFO] :: Operation failed

2022-09-16 13:50:40.044 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...

2022-09-16 13:50:40.044 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.

Post edited by roninwolf109 on
  • So in both cases the preset is wanting a different arrangement, child-parent in the Scene pane, from what you have.

• Um...okay. So how do I fix it? Can I fix it or is it a thing the vendor should sort out?

• You need to have the correct relationship - is there an info pop-up saying which figure should be parented and which should be the parent?

• Edit: Jurogumo has a tooltip thumbnail saying that the Genesis figure needs to be parented to the Jurogumo figure.

• Ah ha! Okay, it looks like I got it to work! Thanks so much for your help! :-)

• Aaaand...it looks like I spoke too soon, at least as far as the Xenotype Speciemen goes. I got the Genesis 8 Female figure parented to the creature so I no longer get the error message, though the creature figure will still do the poses from the Big Bug Poses for Xenotype Specimen (https://www.daz3d.com/big-bug-poses-for-xenotype-specimen-alpha) but the figure won't move...

• Are there any instructions in the product? They will probably be easiest to find in you look in the Content Library under Daz Formats.