How to measure face width with Measure Metrics?

I think I've seen all tutorials of Measure Metrics in Youtube but I can't still figure out how to measure head width. I thought it should be simple but it's impossible for me because I can't rotate a created measure. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Did you check the option to create a Point At Target when creating the measure? If a node is set to Point At another then that stops it from being independently rotated - instead it will rotate to maintain its pointing if it or its target are moved. You can turn the Point At off by selecting the measure and going to the Parameters pane, but it may be more convenient to move the measure to one side of the thing you are wanting to measure and the target to the other.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Did you check the option to create a Point At Target when creating the measure? If a node is set to Point At another then that stops it from being independently rotated - instead it will rotate to maintain its pointing if it or its target are moved. You can turn the Point At off by selecting the measure and going to the Parameters pane, but it may be more convenient to move the measure to one side of the thing you are wanting to measure and the target to the other.

You are right. I checked the option to create a Persistent Point At Target when creating the measure. I did that because I couldn't move the other end of the tape, otherwise.

Could you tell me what I should do to measure head width with the product?

• I think I found a way.

1. Move Tape measure (created without PPAT) at one end of width
    2. Duplicate the tape measure (Tape measure 2).
    3. Set Measure Target of Tape measure to Tape measure 2.
    4. Move Tape measure to the other end of width to have the measurement.

If this is not the best way, please let me know. Thanks.

• Well, moving the tape to one end of the width and Point At target to the other would do the job with just one measure. The measure is one end (as with a real tape measure) and the measure target is the other.