G3 > G8 conversion

So,

I have this cute girl  https://www.daz3d.com/hp-myrtle-for-star-2-0-and-aiko-7 ; and i wanted to convert her into G8

What happened.

I used converter and it was done and she looked fine..it wasnt 100% accurate (result was little shorter and arms was shorter too) but still did the job.

Today i started Daz and i loaded converted figure and surprise, surprise. She wasnt looked at all liked she should. 

I looked into properties and i found injected morphs of tottaly different model . I have Aiko 7 and 8  but i simple couldnt recreate Myrtle again with sliders.

I guess im not first or last who had this issue. What should i do ? Is there forum thread about this issue?

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

I own converters but have not used them.

First, which one did you use? If you can look at its promo page in the DAZ store, see if there is a link to the Commercial page where the PA answers questions even years later. Both of the PAs I have bought from are good for that.

I am sorry I cannot offer specific advice to this issue though.

Mary

• memcneil70 said:

I own converters but have not used them.

First, which one did you use? If you can look at its promo page in the DAZ store, see if there is a link to the Commercial page where the PA answers questions even years later. Both of the PAs I have bought from are good for that.

I am sorry I cannot offer specific advice to this issue though.

Mary

Problem is not the converter (Riversoft product)...problem is that wherever figure i load after that , it have aiko 7 and few other unwanted morphs injected ...every figure have like height +100 and legs +100  etc... even genesis 8 base model... its easy to fix base models but when you want to fix your own wwork its not that easy i have to watch rendered pictures to match shapes...im not even mad just dissapointed...sigh

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

When one saves converted figures (morphs) or figures (morphs) one has made by oneself, they must always be saved with the current value and default value of the dial set at zero, otherwise every character using that same base figure will be loaded with the saved figure (morph) dialed in, no matter if the character is in a previously saved scene or a completely new one.

• Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

A total guess but might be worth a try is to Memorize &/or Bake to Transforms on a copy of your G3 and see if that helps.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

The only thing that helps is to edit the morph file, not to be set at anything but zero and not to have the default value at anything but zero. The editing can be done manually or following this;

1. Open DS and load "Genesis 8 Basic Female" (to an empty scene)
    2. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Preferences->Choose "Show Hidden Properties" (part 3 zeroes only 'visible' dials)
    3. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Zero->Zero Figure (Zeroes the value of all the 'visible' dials)
    4. Right Click at Parameters Tab->Memorize->Memorize Figure (Sets the current value of all the dials as their default value)
    5. Edit->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets (Writes the changed default value to the morph files that were changed)

When saving "Modified Assets" DS shows a dialog and asks for confirmation;
    "The following file(s) will be permanently modified:" - "Accept/Cancel" - Choose "Accept"