Trouble with product (solved)

MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955

I got this product https://www.daz3d.com/topmodel-updo-hair-and-oot-hairblending-2-0-for-genesis-3-female-s some time ago and now after some time I figured that some shaping preset does not work, it might be a bug or it is just my mistake... Anyway here is the picture, and shaping presets from 14 to the end does not work. On the picture I tried to apply preset 18 and You can see result. I cant get that shape no matter what, tried with surfaces and morphs too...

Please can someone help me with this. I really would like to learn to use it or see if it is maybe a bug.

1.jpg
985 x 474 - 81K
Post edited by MilosGulan on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,192

Not sure what to say.

Any shape I apply changes the hair.

Attached image is with shape 18.

Have you looked in the log to check if any errors when applying, and/or have you tried an acutal render?

TM_updo_18.png
    1200 x 900 - 1014K
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,955
    edited September 2022

Ok thanks for the answer, yes it works on G3f, but I have converted it to G1f, and unfortunately it does not work that good with mentioned shaping presets...  Here is best result I could make with G3f clone for G1. Now I wish if it has support for older figures... I really love it as it is really one of the best hairs I have used.

Thanks for the answer, it solved my problem yes

1.png
    501 x 600 - 526K
    Post edited by MilosGulan on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,192

What I will suggest, is to NOT fit the hair, but just parent it to the head.

You might want to scale the hair, if the G3/G1 has (very) different head size.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Autofitting removes all the bones and if the shaping options rely on the bones, they don't work anymore.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

If you do all your adjustment first and get it to where you want it and have no plans on changing it I guess you can parent it, thought not ideal.