Iray Wound Kit Help

Hello, all! I recently purchased the Iray Wound Kit by KindredArts. I was curious if anyone knows how to actually use it. Do I create a Iray Wound Kit Decal on the character then add the material I want to that? Because I tried that and I couldn't see the wound thing I was trying to create on the character even when I switched to the Iray preview setting in the viewport.

Preemptive thanks for the help! 

Comments

• Is the decal parented to the figure? Have you tried doing a full render, rather than a preview (they use differnt settings)?

• Just a quick test, I loaded the decal node with the figure selected, positioned it to include the figure's forehead, and applied the bruise 5 material to it. It dos show in Iray Drawstyle, for me at least.

Iray Wound Kit.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 284K
  • Oh, hey! There it is! Thanks for the help! :-)

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited September 2022

Iray decals are cool, although very limited. I prefer to generate a geoshell (of default G8 basemesh), export it as obj. Then delete all the unnecessary geometry (keeping only the forehead if I want a bruise there for example). Then I import back that and autofit it like you'd do with a cloth.

Now you have a geometry that follows the G8 morphs and movements. But you can apply any shader on it. Iray decals are limited (no Normal Map, no emissive, no displacement map, etc). With this method you have less geometry to manage (a geoshell fully copies G8 even for a tiny gruise on the head) and way more control over the shader's effects.

I don't know Iray wound by KindredArts (might be excellent too), but Wound Makeup Artist for Genesis 8 by SimonWM is definitely super well made. I learned a lot using it ahile back. 3D Universe did some Iray decals in a toon bundle if I remember well. With a script to move the Iray up/down/left/right. That's really cool too, but definitely out of my (understanding) league :/

Post edited by hansolocambo on