Iray server don't work

Hi everyone, I've don't know it this is the correct place but here I'am. Sorry if it's not.

I've been using DAZ Studio ver. 4.16 with Iray Server 334300.2780 on Windows 10 Pro throw Internet without any problems for almost a year. Then I have to format the PC, install clean Windows copy, reinstall Iray Server, it never work again. Same hardware: 2x3090 + 2x3080, that they worked fine until the format operation. The error I can see says something like that: 

1.9   IRAY   rend warn : GPU 3 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090) with CUDA compute capability 8.6 cannot be used by iray photoreal. 

And thats for all GPUS. NVIDIA drivers are: 512.15 and I've tryed severla versions (older and newer). I've attached the complete log file. Thanks in advanced.

zip
zip
iray_server_log.zip

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,483

CUDA device 0 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090): compute capability 8.6: unsupported by this version of iray, please look for an update with your software provider.

• plmadplmad Posts: 15

This is the only version of Iray Server I have. No can do.

Have you tried Studio Drivers version 471.68, they are the same age as your Iray server software.

PerttiA said:

Have you tried Studio Drivers version 471.68, they are the same age as your Iray server software.

Hi there, can't go under 511.09 because I've also do cripto mining with that PC, but I'll try it, maybe the problem is there.

Maybe you should ask in Nvidia's forums

PerttiA said:

I've tryed it. No luck. Same error. Thanks anyway.

PerttiA said:

Tryit already. No luck so far. Thanks.

PerttiA said:

I've tryed strudio drivers 472.12. Same error. :(

plmad said:

PerttiA said:

The Developer Forums?

Looking more closely at your log, I think you have two versions of Iray there and the older one doesn't support your GPU's

[Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:44:49] 3     IRAY_SERVER | [Neuray_loader] Starting neuray Iray RTX 2020.1, build 334300.2780, 24 Aug 2020, nt-x86-64
    [Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:45:00] 3        WORKER_3 | [Neuray_loader] Starting neuray Iray RTX 2020.0.3, build 327300.9514, 19 Aug 2020, nt-x86-64
    [Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:45:07] 3        WORKER_4 | [Neuray_loader] Starting neuray Iray RTX 2020.1, build 334300.2780, 24 Aug 2020, nt-x86-64

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited August 2022

PerttiA said:

plmad said:

PerttiA said:

The Developer Forums?

Looking more closely at your log, I think you have two versions of Iray there and the older one doesn't support your GPU's

[Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:44:49] 3     IRAY_SERVER | [Neuray_loader] Starting neuray Iray RTX 2020.1, build 334300.2780, 24 Aug 2020, nt-x86-64
    [Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:45:00] 3        WORKER_3 | [Neuray_loader] Starting neuray Iray RTX 2020.0.3, build 327300.9514, 19 Aug 2020, nt-x86-64
    [Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:45:07] 3        WORKER_4 | [Neuray_loader] Starting neuray Iray RTX 2020.1, build 334300.2780, 24 Aug 2020, nt-x86-64

Hmm, yeah that's weird but, how do you get 2 versions of Iray? I thought DS and/or Nvidia either overwite the old or uninstall it and install the new.

Post edited by frank0314 on

There was at least one case, where someone had installed the SDK and the libraries were clashing between versions.

PerttiA said:

plmad said:

PerttiA said:

The Developer Forums?

Try NVIDIA forums, no answer for the moment. I've use the same and only installer I have, before and after formatting the PC. This same server with the same GPUs with Windows 10 was running fine, until I have to format the PC.

There is no same setup before and after reformating, even when no hardware changes have been made. Windows 10 is constantly updating (changing) itself and everything else it can find, your programs and drivers are updating (changing the environment) themselves, if you havent disabled that and every application you install is also changing the environment. - The only way to get the same environment, is if one had a disk image of the working environment before the reformat.

I was trying to find the thread where the OP finally found the answer at the Nvidia developer forum, but with the search incapabilities, it was doomed to fail.

• I'm not an expert: my 2 cent ideas, maybe helpful, maybe to be ignored.

As I recall, the procedures for bringing in a nVidia driver to install, first download the one you want, then uninstall the one that exists, then install the next one. Reboot the computer.

In DazStudio, Advanced Tab of the Render Setting Panel -- double-check which options are selected.

Catherine3678ab said:

I'm not an expert: my 2 cent ideas, maybe helpful, maybe to be ignored.

As I recall, the procedures for bringing in a nVidia driver to install, first download the one you want, then uninstall the one that exists, then install the next one. Reboot the computer.

In DazStudio, Advanced Tab of the Render Setting Panel -- double-check which options are selected.

Hi thanks for the coments. For nVIDIA drivers the answer is yes, the prodedure si something like that, I've also add a DDU in the middle of the process, for cleaning purposes. And with DAZ it's all ok, the problem is the IRAY Server thats runs in another machine with no DAZ Studio. The connection beetwen DAZ and IRAY Server is ok, the render procedure starst ok, the result is an error because IRAY Server can't render. Thanks anyway.-

• Okay ... thank you for explaining that more clearly for me. I have no experience with using more than one machine for a render. I know the "Boost" render system requires uploading all the required products to its own server, so maybe that's it. But if it wasn't set up that way before it shouldn't matter now. Hope you find your answer.

UPDATE: I've tryed some things more, nothing works:

* Iray server versions 2.5 - 3.3 - 3.5.

* nVIDIA drivers versions 456.38 - 456.55 - 456.71 - 471.68 - 472.12 - 511.09 - 512.78

* Windows 10 several versions until 21H2

* I've installed Daz Studio 4.16

* Installed all versions available of Microsoft VC++ redistributable

* CUDA Toolkit 11.7 Update 1

Same error always: IRAY rend warn : GPU X (NVIDIA GeForce RTX XXXX) with CUDA compute capability 8.6 cannot be used by iray photoreal. 

<-- Where X is the number of the GPU (1, 2, 3) and XXXX is the model (2x3080LHR/2x3090) -->

WORKER_1 |   1.7   IRAY   rend warn : There is no CUDA-capable GPU available to the iray photoreal renderer.

I've installed Iray server 3.5 in another PC, Windows 11 Pro with a 3070 (no LHR) with nVIDIA drivers 512.95. Exactly same error:

WORKER_1 |   1.11  IRAY   rend warn : GPU 1 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070) with CUDA compute capability 8.6 cannot be used by iray photoreal.

Here's a zip with some log files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWCvPvZczIBSAGF2kE7q9cBNsKEoHvpH/view?usp=sharing

PS: On nVIDIA forums are pretty lost too. 3 o 4 people answer but no luck.

PerttiA said:

Have you seen this;

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7709631/#Comment_7709631

Hi there. Thanks for the answer. I've readed completely but no technical information about Iray server installation process or anything. The guy who did the test, used an i7 and a 3070TI which is similar hardware to mine, in fact, my last test was on a i7 running W11 and a 3070 LHR.

Maybe you could take a fresh drive, and install just the OS and the Iray server on it

PerttiA said:

Maybe you could take a fresh drive, and install just the OS and the Iray server on it

I've did it. Several times. 

edited September 2022

Finaly I found a person that have knowledge about Iray server. A person called Paul Arden from irayplugins.com and he said:

Iray Server supports multiple “workers” which run different versions of Iray. Some of those workers are from older versions of Iray which don’t support the more recent hardware and will emit those warnings.

You can safely ignore them as long as the application you are sending jobs from is using a more recent Iray since it will use the later workers and not the one emitting the warning message.

The latest drivers are still required to ensure the workers for the later Iray versions work correctly. There are command line options you can use to start only the worker versions you actually need which will speed up start up and remove the warnings from older workers:

https://raytracing-docs.nvidia.com/iray_server/index.html#start_is%23start-iray-server

So after do some testing I've found that the error is not an error but an unsupported feature of one "worker". After that, I've returned to DAZ Studio, I can connect to the server but I can't render (some unknown error). After several tests I've found a connection problem between Daz Studio and Iray server through Internet, some network issue. Now I have the server in my local network and for the moment is working fine.

I've found also specialized Iray's plugins and server forum at: https://www.irayplugins.com/forum/forum.php

Thanks to all for the support and good luck.-

Post edited by plmad on
  • phBaumardphBaumard Posts: 11
    edited March 3

plmad said:

Hi everyone, I've don't know it this is the correct place but here I'am. Sorry if it's not.

I've been using DAZ Studio ver. 4.16 with Iray Server 334300.2780 on Windows 10 Pro throw Internet without any problems for almost a year. Then I have to format the PC, install clean Windows copy, reinstall Iray Server, it never work again. Same hardware: 2x3090 + 2x3080, that they worked fine until the format operation. The error I can see says something like that: 

1.9   IRAY   rend warn : GPU 3 (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090) with CUDA compute capability 8.6 cannot be used by iray photoreal. 

And thats for all GPUS. NVIDIA drivers are: 512.15 and I've tryed severla versions (older and newer). I've attached the complete log file. Thanks in advanced.

Bonjour,

J'ai eu ce problème. Résolu ainsi :
    1. Téléchargez le version payante de Driver Easy (39$). https://fr.drivereasy.com/download-free-version/
    2. Installez Driver Easy sur votre station de travail et sur le serveur tournat Iray Server.
    3. Désinstallez le Iray-server.
    3. Mettez à jour tous les drivers avec Driver Easy sur les deuc PC.
    4.  Réinstallez Iray Server.

Alors cela fera disparaître vos erreurs de CUDA.

Good morning,
     I had this problem. Resolved as follows:
    1. Download the paid version of Driver Easy ($39). https://fr.drivereasy.com/download-free-version/
    2. Install Driver Easy on your workstation and on the server running Iray Server.
    3. Uninstall the Iray-server.
    3. Update all drivers with Driver Easy on deuc PC.
    4.  Reinstall Iray Server.

Then this will remove yours CUDA errors.

Post edited by phBaumard on