Strange horizontal bar across the model

deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152

Hi folks,

I am encountering some issues I can't explain. First of all, here's the image in question:

And here's her neck section in detail:

Have a look at her neck and her arm, there is a 2 inch bar crossing her skin and I have no clue where this is coming from, nor how to get rid of it. It's appearing in a lot of scenes, this one I created just using a Genesis 8 Female with Daz' standard HDRI + a wall for the background - that's it. No further adjustments in render settings or tone mappings.

Do you have any idea what this is and how to remove it? Is there a global setting leading to this bar? Any hint is highly appreciated!

Many thanks

-deepswing

Strange bar.jpg
1280 x 1920 - 2M
Strange bar 2.jpg
1248 x 436 - 432K
Post edited by deepswing on

Comments

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited August 2022

Have you tried spot rendering the section? It looks like an issue I had with planes when the floor was inersecting with the plane that cause issues with all the planes in the scene. If anything was inetersecting it caused this weird lines. I've never really found a fix other than making sure the floor is not intersecing and the planes I use have some subdivisions but that doesn't seem like the issue here from what you said.

Post edited by AbnerK on
  • deepswingdeepswing Posts: 152

AbnerK said:

Have you tried spot rendering the section? It looks like an issue I had with planes when the floor was inersecting with the plane that cause issues with all the planes in the scene. If anything was inetersecting it caused this weird lines. I've never really found a fix other than making sure the floor is not intersecing and the planes I use have some subdivisions but that doesn't seem like the issue here from what you said.

My scene currently is not having any floor, I just removed even the wall to made sure there is nothing intersecting, but the problem unfortunately persists.

Update: I have figured out that the bar is at a constant height in the scene. I created a new scene now, only having a G8 base figure in there, and the bar is still there. If I move the model up by 10cm, the bar is not moving but stays constant at the same height. And if I switch the HDRI to a different one, the bar unfortunately is still there. 

Turning off the dome and just using point/spot or whatever lights does not produce the bar. So it looks that it has to do something with dome rendering only. Does this ring a bell with anybody?

• This is a known issue with some driver versions (possibly hardware dependent to an extent). If you can try rolling back to an earlier driver version that is still newer than the minimum required.

Richard Haseltine said:

This is a known issue with some driver versions (possibly hardware dependent to an extent). If you can try rolling back to an earlier driver version that is still newer than the minimum required.

Thanks Richard! That is sad to hear, I guess I would have to contact the hardware manufacturer to get this fixed in a future version? Let me try rerolling to a previous version.

I am using a nVidia GeForce RTX 3080, currently on driver version 4.6.0 NVIDIA 516.94 (latest). Do you by accident know which version was still working? Otherwise I need to try them one by one.

• deepswing said:

I am using a nVidia GeForce RTX 3080, currently on driver version 4.6.0 NVIDIA 516.94 (latest). Do you by accident know which version was still working? Otherwise I need to try them one by one.

AFAIK all drivers of the current 516.xx series have those issues, even with older GPUs like the 2080.

Go back to a driver of the 512.xx series. I have 512.15 (Studio version) installed and no issues at all. RTX 3060.

• stefan.hums said:

deepswing said:

AFAIK all drivers of the current 516.xx series have those issues, even with older GPUs like the 2080.

Go back to a driver of the 512.xx series. I have 512.15 (Studio version) installed and no issues at all. RTX 3060.

Thanks, I couldn't recall which version numbers were involved