Figure not zeroing. [SOLVED]

AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
edited December 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hi,

I know this question has been asked before and I've seen many reasons for it and many fixes. The fact that you'll read many different fixes to the same problem tells you that most of the 'solutions' are wrong. I've seen answers that I just don't understand and have no idea how to go about following the advice. Some of those threads are four or more years old. So, I'm asking again in the hope I can finally fix this.

I realise that I have probably caused the problem myself at some point or something I installed caused the problem. So, how can I fix it?

The figue is G8.1 male. The hand's are posed, the left one is slightly different to the right. The Pose Controls are dialled in. If I zero the pose controlls the fingers all bend upwards. If I zero the bones then Pose Controls are dialled in.

As a side note. Yesterday I 'Memorised the pose' so I could make changes and reset the pose afterwards. I've zeroed out the whole figure other than the Single Dial Controller I've made, made sure nothing was dialed in other than what I wanted, no poses or at least every bone set to zero. ERC baked the old dial, made sure nothing was attached, ERC Freezed, zeroed out the whole figure including all morphs and ensured all bones are zero then saved the figure via Support Assets> Save Modified Figure. Now the fresh G8.1 loads with the pose I memorised yesterday and the dial controls on the hands are still dialed in as they were. It's obviously the RAW values that are not zero. If I could manage to zero those and save it then I'm sure it would be fine but, there's the 'memorised pose' issue and the pose controls. I've had the issue with the pose controls on the hands for so long now I have no clue when it happened or what I'd done or installed.

So how can I fix the pose control issue and what's going on with the memorised pose? I hardly ever use that. I've loaded figures that have zeroed to a pose that had been used two computers ago. I really don't understand what is going on. You'd think after over 4 years I'd have some handle on this by now. Help. Please.

Post edited by AbnerK on

Comments

• Have you tried just rteinstalling the Starter Essentials? You seem to haev tried a lot of things and I'm really not sure what is going on, but the potential for things to have ended up mis-set seems large

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718
    edited August 2022

I 'memorised the pose' with everything zeroed out and this is how G8.1 loads now. I think it's obivious where the hand dial error thing came from from I still would like a fix. There must be one. Someone caused this problem then there must be a solution. By the way, looking at this pose it isn't something I've ever done. I don't make game figures for games. Thanks.

pose test.png
    500 x 750 - 179K
    Post edited by AbnerK on

Thanks Richard, yes, I've reinstalled G8M starter essentials too now. I'm making sure I don't have any game figures installed and loading a G8.1 again. Sadly the main culprit that I thought it could be has been moved out of my directory and the problem persists but, I'll keep looking for a solution/culprit.

I have managed to fix one of the hands, his Left one but, the right one is still the same. I fixed the right one by simply being persistent and zeroing the hands out and saving the figure. I don't get how I fixed the left hand but doing the same thing at the same time didn't fix the right. I've removed from my Content Library every morph I made and anything that I might have bought recently. It's only 8.1 that is having the problem. I thought I'd fixed it but, it seems I've just compensated for it with the figures that I always use. If anyone has any pointers as to how I could possibly fix it I'd be glad to hear them.

Thanks

edited December 2022

Finally. I've brushed this problem under the carpet for so long so, when I had some downtime I decided to fix it. I spent an hour yesterday and woke up at 5:00 so decided to tackle this again. Three pose controls were causing the problem. At first I made the problem worse so I knew I had to be doing something right, if you know what I mean. I'd decided to work top down, that made the problem worse so then I started bottom up. I baked the pose control then ERC freezed with it on zero and the hands zeroed out. the bottom one made it better, much better. I learned I had to restart in between freezes so it took a while. The middle one made it better still. Then, finally after doing the top one again and restarted it loaded with flat hands! Yes! I know I caused this problem myself at some point so I will be very careful about ensuring everything is properly zeroed out in future before I ever ERC Freeze. It's not as easy as just zeroing the figure with a script etc. some things don't zero out with any script. Emma and Jordi's ones are the main culprits. I notice they aren't in the store anymore. Their face morphs are really useful though watch them on zeroing.

Yeah, I could have written this better but, not enough sleep and not had breakfast or coffee yet.

Post edited by AbnerK on