Using VAM models in DAZ?

I recently came across Virtamate and I actually find that many of their figures look better than the vast majority of DAZ ones. I'd be very keen to import these VAM models into DAZ, but after a few rounds of intense googling it seems that the conversation always goes in the opposite direction, getting DAZ models into VAM. is there a known way of getting VAM figures to work in DAZ? From what I've read it looks like VAM figures are G2F so it should be doable?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

probably because of the DAZ EULA  Interactive Licensing requirements 

• RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265

Huh? So that means you can't use VAM figures in DAZ?
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited August 2022

I don't have VAM but it is esentially a game and has to abide by the DAZ EULA for usage of their content, you can use Genesis 2 in DAZ

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • RobertDy said:

I recently came across Virtamate and I actually find that many of their figures look better than the vast majority of DAZ ones. I'd be very keen to import these VAM models into DAZ, but after a few rounds of intense googling it seems that the conversation always goes in the opposite direction, getting DAZ models into VAM. is there a known way of getting VAM figures to work in DAZ? From what I've read it looks like VAM figures are G2F so it should be doable?

Since they are DAZ characters, what makes you think/mean/feel they look better? They don't. You cannot seriously believe that a realtime display of a Daz character looks better than a rendered display of the same character.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

RobertDy said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Huh? So that means you can't use VAM figures in DAZ?

I am a long time VAM and VR user as well as a Daz Studio user. This is one thing you need to keep in mind. VAM is coded to be able to take the licensed G2 models and import them into VAM which is based on the Unity game engine which is why the models look differently in VAM than they do in DS or renders. The other issue is that the community around VAM uses a LOT of unlicensed and stolen DAZ and PA resources when they shouldn't and bakes and imbeds these into chatacters for VAM and then shares and sells them on patreon which is all against the DAZ EULA and licensing. Even if you could manage to get the VAM character morphs to import into DS, there is the issue of VAM models coming with genitals already and DS models not, so the vertices would not match up.

PPehrson said:

RobertDy said:

Since they are DAZ characters, what makes you think/mean/feel they look better? They don't. You cannot seriously believe that a realtime display of a Daz character looks better than a rendered display of the same character.

having a lifesize quality, detailed G2 model dancing with you in VR trumps any render I have ever done in DS, LOL When I first discovered VAM, i stopped using DS for months and spent all my time creating characters for use in VR instead.

• droidy001droidy001 Posts: 277
    edited January 2023

I've only just found VAM.

I've been trying to get my scenes into VR for ages.This is the best so far, but it's so frustrating because it could be so much better.

I would love to see this intergrated into DAZ. Being able to create scenes in Daz and switch straight away between the 2 would be amazing. All models and assets could be used and fine tuned.

It could be the VAM expierience but with the better editing features of Daz.I would like the ability in Vam to edit rigging and use morphs on clothing. Clothing poking through furniture is annoying.

Please Daz work with them to create official VR support.

Post edited by droidy001 on

droidy001 said:

I've been trying to get my scenes into VR for ages.This is the best so far, but it's so frustrating because it could be so much better.

I would love to see this intergrated into DAZ. Being able to create scenes in Daz and switch straight away between the 2 would be amazing. All models and assets could be used and fine tuned.

It could be the VAM expierience but with the better editing features of Daz.I would like the ability in Vam to edit rigging and use morphs on clothing. Clothing poking through furniture is annoying.

I highly doubt that will ever happen. Meshed seems to be doing well by himself and DAZ will never allow it because of the nature of VAM (adult oreinted). VAM is based off Unity and even though there is a bridge, DAZ could do so much more to integrate DS with Unity and I would love to see that very much, especially if they also include VR support. Also the VAM community is toxic and has no issues stealing and sharing content from DAZ and other stores, so that would have to change is DAZ would be involved

• droidy001droidy001 Posts: 277

FSMCDesigns said:

droidy001 said:

I highly doubt that will ever happen. Meshed seems to be doing well by himself and DAZ will never allow it because of the nature of VAM (adult oreinted). VAM is based off Unity and even though there is a bridge, DAZ could do so much more to integrate DS with Unity and I would love to see that very much, especially if they also include VR support. Also the VAM community is toxic and has no issues stealing and sharing content from DAZ and other stores, so that would have to change is DAZ would be involved

Understand where you're coming from, but to have a VR viewer like that with the deatails for editing that Daz gives would be fab.

droidy001 said:

Understand where you're coming from, but to have a VR viewer like that with the deatails for editing that Daz gives would be fab.

Oh, I totally agree! I mention it every chance I get in the forums hoping DAZ might take notice. I use VR daily and I also open DS daily and to be able to put on the headset and then create a scene while in VR would be amazing!