Limits off broken ?

Hi All

I've had hours of frustration with this one Genesis 3 Female model based on teh Frankie model where her fingers go into Alien mode. I have turned limits off in various places but nothing helps. I have looked for any morphs that could do this but none found.
I have a subset of the model that works perfect. But i have noticed when I use her in a scene and i then save as that scene a couple of times and of course change things around in the scene after a while her bones start to go sloppy. 
Trying limits off or looking for any morphs that may cause it doesn't work. It's as if whatever is causing it just refuses to reset. It appears only to her hands.

Pic 1 is of course the problem. 
Pic 2 is in default position and looks fine.
Pic 3 I think this may the asset I use that causes the issues after a while? I can't confirm this. I use this asset on many other models and I have no problems.
Pic 4 is just to show how horrible it gets.

Still even if it was how the hell do one reset that then?

It's something obviously in this modded model I am using, but surely one have to be able to Zero or cancel or reset ?

Pic1.jpg
567 x 456 - 32K
Pic2.jpg
713 x 407 - 44K
pic3.jpg
236 x 427 - 31K
pic4.jpg
458 x 366 - 29K

Comments

• plarffplarff Posts: 264
    edited August 2022

EDIT: So I did the following.

I took the scene I was workign on where the Gen3F hands were warped, i then deleted everything except her in the scene after first saving it as Test.duf.
    I then imported same model Gen3F from my subset i have of her and placed them besides each other. I then did a normal hands "grip" pose and her fingers also warped. 
    It's as if there was something in the actual scene causing this warping on my Gen3F models.

I then cleared Test.duf scene and created a new blank scene and imported my subset Gen3F model and her hand is perfect. So i'm even more confused as to what is causing this and how to reset/fix in a scene that may cause this issue.

EDIT: OK this is bizarre. I used the subset Gen3F i tested in the new clean scene as described above. I Merged her into the scene with the Gen3F that has the warped hand and NOW suddenly both models are fine. Both seem fine.

WTH?

Post edited by plarff on
  • That has nothing to do with limits, that is a joint centre adjustment not properly linked to the shape it goes with - if you switch to the Joint Editor tool you will see that the skeleton, at least in the hands, is not aligned with the model. I am not, however, at all sure why load-order matters as the chnages should be at the level of the individual characters, not the base asset, and I am a little unclear on whether the figure is morphed or in the default shape.

• plarffplarff Posts: 264

Hi Richard, thx for information. I did change some of her "looks" as in breast, buttocks, facial structure and of course normal muscle / fitness changes but I'd be lying if I said she do not have some morph to her. Just cannot remember what I did. Her default body model is Frankie.

I'll have a look at the skeleton to see what is going on as you suggested.

• If you zero the shape (Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape) do the joints bend correctly? If so that means one of the morphs in use is not correctly adjusting the joint centres; if not ti means that there is a rogue joint adjustment that is kicking in without its morph being applied.