Equipping guns from the weapons cache

brent1484brent1484 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

after downloading the weapons cache content recently featured at the DAZ shop, I found it difficult to make it so my characters could wield the weapons. Anyone know how to do this?

the cache is featured here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dystopian-weapon-cache-2

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't have the Dystopia 2 pack, just the one that was free, but I don;t see any Pose files to smart rpop thesse weapons to a particular character. In my readme for Pack 1, it says :

You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:

“Presets:Materials:Dystopian Weapon Cache 1”

“Props:Weapons:Dystopian Weapon Cache 1”

But there are no such folders on my PC, perhaps there is a DS file I forgot to download.

Since these weapons are not built for a particular character, like V4 or M4, then you will need to place the weapon where you wnat it, then parent it to the figure in the Scene tab. Sorry, I don;t think there is any other way.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited August 2012

Jimmy nope no DS files to download or included or parenting presets.

I would agree that Parenting the weapon to one of the Hands (preferablly the one the was holding the main grip) would be the best option IMHO. :)

Post edited by Szark on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pete, I thought I might have missed a DS installer, but it looks like the readme is wrong.