Is Daz case sensitive regarding library paths?

bjarne.rubinbjarne.rubin Posts: 2

Hi,

i am working on two different mac systems with DAZ3D on similar projects. So i transferred my "Studio Library" to a Dropbox folder and connect it with the "Content Manager". But there is a conflict while transferring the library because there are some folders (data / Data, textures / Textures) which exists two times in different "case versions" (small & upper capitals") so Dropbox only accepts the small cap version and ignores the other one. When Daz does is not case sensitive regarding paths it should work to move the content from f.e. Data => data. Daz would be able to connect to right files ??

Thanks for your help

Post edited by bjarne.rubin on

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

DAZ Studio and/or Windows are not case sensitive

• The mac, however, may be case sensitive and if it is (depends on settings) it will treat the two paths as distinct - but they do not need to be for DS. Generally I would advise having your content drive not set to be case-sensitive.

• Unfortunately, it depends not only on what OS you are using, but also the filesystem type if you keep your content on an external drive. And PAs are as sloppy with case sensitivity as they are with file organization and other things.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,842

bjarne.rubin said:

Hi,

i am working on two different mac systems with DAZ3D on similar projects. So i transferred my "Studio Library" to a Dropbox folder and connect it with the "Content Manager". But there is a conflict while transferring the library because there are some folders (data / Data, textures / Textures) which exists two times in different "case versions" (small & upper capitals") so Dropbox only accepts the small cap version and ignores the other one. When Daz does is not case sensitive regarding paths it should work to move the content from f.e. Data => data. Daz would be able to connect to right files ??

Thanks for your help

Dropbox uses linux file system under the hood and those are case sensitive.