Lines and banding in HDRI renders

Just started noticing this recently and it only seems to be happening on one machine, my newest and most capable.

using some of the Orestes Burnt Lands and Forset Grove HDRIs, and a G8 figure, there are lines/bands that appear across the character, and they seem to move with the camera. Doesn't matter if it's the Perspective view, or other cameras I create. I've added a full render, not viewport. The band in this one is across the upper arms and chest. At other angles and with other figures they can appear across the hip or legs. 

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm running DS4.15.03 on the machine in question, 4.15.02 on the machine that doesn't have the problem. And no, I'm not going to upgrade to 4.20, I;'ve tried that and it's got too many bugs.

test1.png
1920 x 1233 - 4M

Comments

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 393

Been messing with this some more. If I uncheck GPU rendering in the Iray Advanced settings, and only have CPU checked, the banding goes away.

Checked for a driver update, and there is one. But the other machine without this problem is running the same driver as the new machine. So still not making sense.

The new machine GPU is an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080Ti (12gb), my laptop is an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 8gb.

So i closed DS. Upgraded the drivers, and reloaded the scene. Still have the banding with GPU rendering enabled.

Very frustrating.

• tfistfis Posts: 129
    edited August 2022

You need an older driver.

I've had the same issue and did a "downdate" to last years last driver. Works fine.

Post edited by tfis on

tfis said:

You need an older driver.

I've had the same issue and did a "downdate" to last years last driver. Works fine.

Well, the two machines I was working with had the same driver, but behaved differently.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

But different generation cards.  The driver may be using/exposing a flaw in a function the new card but the old one does not.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

Steel Rat was you in the 1st Calvery?

edited August 2022

11th armored cavalry, yes, early 80s.

Post edited by Steel Rat on

jestmart said:

But different generation cards.  The driver may be using/exposing a flaw in a function the new card but the old one does not.

Well, you appear to be right! I installed the game ready driver dated December 2021, and the problem did go away.

Thanks!!