Save Full Character Pose?

Is it possible to save the full character pose, with props and attachments, with one click?  Because when I use Save as -> Pose Preset, this only saves the figure pose. If the figure has props, hair, or attachments, these poses don't seem to be saved.  If I want to save their poses, I have to select them individually, and save each one to file, which is kind of annoying.  Have I been doing this wrong? I just want a one-click solution for the character and everything attached or parented to it.

Comments

• Save as a Scene Subset. The popup will let you select which elements you want saved.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,068

Thanks, but aren't scene subsets like drop-in files?  I just want to save the pose of multiple items, not create a drop-in object.

• Seven193 said:

... edit ...

Have I been doing this wrong? I just want a one-click solution for the character and everything attached or parented to it.

A scene subset can load the character and/or anything parented to it and include the poses for it all. One click solution.

But, if wanted to use that pose on another character, I don't think a scene subset would work.

• ProtozoonProtozoon Posts: 552
    edited August 2022

A wearable preset saves and can then load all props parented to swlected character, and hierarchical poses then affectt all. I make my instruments sets that way (like this one wearable preset loads the cello, endpin stopper, the bow and the chair parented to the selected character all at once and in place + an initial pose.)

Post edited by Protozoon on
    edited August 2022

Thanks, is there anyway to apply a wearable preset (for poses only) without creating duplicate props?  I tried holding down the Ctrl key, but I didn't get any popup loading options.

Post edited by Seven193 on
    edited August 2022

Save as -> Hierarchial Pose Preset...

Hierarchial, that's the word.  I can't believe I missed this option.  This works best for poses only.  Thanks.

• I think it wasn't clear what you wanted - reading the opening post I too thought you wanted to load the attachments rather than pose them, which is what the replies were covering.

edited August 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

I think it wasn't clear what you wanted - reading the opening post I too thought you wanted to load the attachments rather than pose them, which is what the replies were covering.

I think it was very clear that I wanted the save poses.  If I wasn't, I corrected it, twice.  Hair, props, attachments (geografts) can all have poseable bones.  Problem solved.