Bryce and Windows 10?

sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Has anybody tried to run Bryce in Windows 10 yet? It's coming at the end of the month...

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296
    edited December 1969

Not me. I usually don't change the opsys until the first service pack appears. I'm still running Win 7 SP1 (and XP SP3 and 2000 SP4).

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Not me. I usually don't change the opsys until the first service pack appears. I'm still running Win 7 SP1 (and XP SP3 and 2000 SP4).

My Win2K system just died, but I too still have Win XP SP3 and Win 7 SP1

• Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

I am still using Windows 7, Service Pack 1, and everything as of now is working fine. We all know how these upgrades begin. There will be Bugs!. Bugs!, and BUGS!!!!
    Hopefully the Bug's in this new version of Windows will be easy to, "Exterminate!, EXTERMINATE!!!"

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited July 2015

Yes. I signed up with MS's insider program and downloaded Windows 10 Professional Version Preview build 10130 - 64 Bit Version.
    Bryce 7.1 Pro installed perfectly and runs without any problems so far.

I installed it on a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop with 3 Gig of ram.
    Bryce runs as fast as I'd expect on it, as it only has a 1.66 Ghz Pentium Dual Core Processor.
    It uses the laptops inbuilt graphics which is really basic.

So far it all seems good. Although I have not really used it a lot as I dont have a mouse to plug in
    to the laptop, and the touch pad is a bit of a pain to use with Bryce..

Untitled3.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 225K
    Untitled4.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 216K
    Untitled2.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 98K
    Untitled5.jpg
    1024 x 640 - 86K
    Untitled.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 132K
    Post edited by StuartB on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,071
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    Although I have not really used it a lot as I dont have a mouse to plug in
    to the laptop, and the touch pad is a bit of a pain to use with Bryce..

That seems strange. This is my second laptop with Bryce and I have always used the touch pad with no problems. I have never had a mouse with the laptops but, thinking about it, I would probably find using it a pain :-)

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

May be because I'm left handed. Its feels awkward. I end up using 2 hands and don't need to with a mouse.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296
    edited December 1969

I'm not left handed as such. When mice came up, I was clumsy with them in either hand so I decided to give the left one a chance. I use right handed mice nevertheless and have the right hand free for the keyboard.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Fantastic!  At least I don't have to choose between Bryce and Windows 10.  Never did upgrade to Window 8 due to all the compatability issues.