Can't uninstall program

I was getting an error message that the Postgre SQL CMS connection wasn't made. Now I have no access to the program in my uninstall registry? Wassup?

What must I do to get back to normal?

LatestDazUpdateGoneWrong.jpg
1872 x 1028 - 497K

Comments

• OK, so I reinstalled the program, and now I'm back where I started. I get the same error message concerning the Postgre SQl CMS connection. I've been trying for a while now to fix this but

have had no success.

DazResourceErrorMessage.jpg
    1044 x 770 - 250K
  • The all-white UI in the first post is what you get if Daz Studio was running, poossibly in the background as it cleaned up, when the new version was isntalled.

Is PostgreSQL installed? If you check Task Manager, with More details enabled, do multiple instances of it appear in the background processes when Daz Studio starts? What security software ar you using?

• Thanks for your help Richard. I use Norton antivirus. I did try and install PostgreSQL, but I can't say if its duplicated multiple times. I'll check and see what's up with that and let you know. And thanks again. Its been along time since Daz has been working for me correctly.

• The executable doesn't get duplicated, but it has multiple running instances (usually around half-a-dozen) in Task Manager when working

• edited August 2022

Sorry its taken so long to get back with you. I checked the task manager and there are no instances of PostgreSQL listed there. I have no idea how or why that is but I'm assuming that's not as a good thing if they're supposed to be there. just to mention, I tried to access the lower res michael 4 character but it doesn't work. The high res character disappears and there's nothing in the window. I'm sure this has something to do with the Postgre SQL thing.

Post edited by premierart_2340fada0f on
  • So no PostgreSQL when Daz Studio was running? How about when Install Manager/Daz Central are running?