Iray Storm 2 - Tornado And Foam issue

Hi. The product Iray Storm 2 - https://www.daz3d.com/iray-storm-2 has a perfectly working waves etc. but the tornado and foam come out as texturless blocks. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,192

It sounds like you are missing the data files?

How are you installing, and what does your log say Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File?

• evilcho_evilcho_ Posts: 79

felis said:

It sounds like you are missing the data files?

How are you installing, and what does your log say Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File?

Directly through zip file. Log says this:
    2022-08-23 16:58:24.437 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\pluginsource\DzIrayRender\dzneuraymgr.cpp(359): Iray [WARNING] - TRIT:GEOMETRY ::   1.0   TRIT   geo  warn : Object DS_shape_4414_347: the parametric approximation level is set to 4. The original value of 5 would produce too much geometry in a single mesh.
    2022-08-23 16:58:28.747 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend info : Geometry import (1 triangle object with 15394k triangles, 0 fiber objects with 0 fibers (0 segments), 1 triangle instance yielding 15394k triangles, 0 fiber instances yielding 0 segments) took 4.332s

• felisfelis Posts: 4,192

So the data file is there.

Can you load other items correctly?

You haven't swithed the viewport to 'solid bounding box' (the dropdown in upper right of the viewport)?

edited August 2022

felis said:

So the data file is there.

Can you load other items correctly?

You haven't swithed the viewport to 'solid bounding box' (the dropdown in upper right of the viewport)?

I can load the water and waves that come with the product and they render fine, but the "foam" and the "tornado" render out as blocks. And no, I use the Iray engine to render.

Doesn't the log file say my PC can't handle it? Or am I misinterpreting it?

Post edited by evilcho_ on

This is how the tornado looks in Iray preview. The foam the same. My PC is not that bad though, it should be able to render it, so I don't think it's that.

41eed3ea23bb58554f9ba98024ef3f12.png
    1044 x 793 - 489K

Reading this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/548791/volumetric-effects-in-daz-studio/p8
    It's suppose to work like this, but it doesn't.

I think I figured it out. I have an older daz studio version which does not support these volumetric effects. I use Daz Studio 4.15.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,689

Yeah, that will be the reason, you need to upgrade to 4.20!