Bryce HDRI products in DAZ Studio?

SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

There are quite a few HDRI products available for Bryce by Horo. Can they be used in DAZ Studio? Are the HDRI's supplied in the .HDR format or locked in the Bryce format? (I don't currently have Bryce installed because the last time I installed it Win 7 wouldn't restart for some reason until I completely removed Bryce and any other files installed with it.)

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296
    edited December 1969

@Superdog - sorry to hear that Bryce won't work with Win 7 for you. I'm running it on two Win 7, two XP and one Win 2000 at the moment. I would be very happy if every program would run so smoothly as Bryce.

To your question. The HDRIs for Bryce are in the Radiance (.hdr) format and in the angular map projection. DS 4.8 can load radiance files (Iray and 3DL) but the angular map projection is useless because DS wants them in the spherical projection. The same is true for Carrara (and Octane). However, Bryce lets you export a loaded HDRI also in the spherical projection and as .hdr and then it can be used in DS. If you have an HDRI compatible graphics program that can convert from the angular into the spherical projection, you can make them compatible, too. If you can make Bryce run, you have the converter.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765

Sorry for my late reply! Thanks for your advice. I'll try to install Bryce on my Win 8 system and convert them there.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,296

Thanks for reporting back. Hope you can make it work.