The ZERO ONE World ~ Official Guide ~ (commercial)

Aeon SoulAeon Soul Posts: 112
edited September 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

With the release of more Zero One based products we decided to create this post about the Zero One world, its features and, above all, its huge cross-compatibility.

the Zero One series includes two kinds of products: Standalone sets and texture/Styles add-ons

The Standalone ones:

• do not require any additional purchase
  • can use the textures styles included in any other Zero One standalone package
  • Are compatible with any Zero One add-ons

Zero One STANDALONE RELEASES (so far):

For example, you can use Dahlia lace textures on the clothing items of the Undress and Get dressed poses and clothing!

The Add-Ons

• Are compatible with any and all Zero One standalone products
  • Only require one standalone product to be enjoyed
  • Can easily be mixed and matched for a variety of additional styles

Zero One ADD-ON RELEASES (so far):

For example, you can easily customize the clothes included in the Undress and Get dressed poses and clothing package!

Hopefully this thread is a source of clarification of any doubts since some of the products may end up not listing all the add-ons and/or all the standalone products they are compatible with. There will be more Zero One releases in the future and we will update this thread accordingly!

Enjoy the versatility!

Numinous Youthful Mindful
   ._ . · A e o n S o u l · . _.

Post edited by Aeon Soul on

Comments

• Aeon SoulAeon Soul Posts: 112
    edited March 2023

FAQs :)

If you have any trouble with the clothing from the "Poses + Clothing Morphs packages" poking through, try to set the Height / Displacement value to 0 as it may be the cause.

More useful Aeon Soul's products Guides:
    Aeon Soul's clothing set with dirt options
    The Verse Universe ~ Official Guide
    EVERYDAY 2 SERIES: explanation of every product + FAQs
  • I am unable to figure out how to use Dahlia lace textures on the clothing items of the Undress and Get dressed poses and clothing.  Please explain.  Thanks!

• If I am reading this correctly, everyday 2, and versa products are each their own series and do not mix/? Is that correct? Please say I am wrong.

danbobguy said:

I am unable to figure out how to use Dahlia lace textures on the clothing items of the Undress and Get dressed poses and clothing.  Please explain.  Thanks!

Hi, I think you got in touch via pm and had already solved the problem :)!

edited October 2022

dennisgray41 said:

If I am reading this correctly, everyday 2, and versa products are each their own series and do not mix/? Is that correct? Please say I am wrong.

Hi!

I guess it depends how you do mean that they do not mix.

Their respective texture sets are not interchangeable, meaning that Zero One textures will not work on Verse clothing, nor Verse textures will work on Zero One clothing.

Apart from that though, they mix very well as they include the same level of texture quality and details as well as output.

Let me know if this answers your question :)!

Edit:

I just realized you asked about Everyday 2, well the same stands for that too, Everyday 2 textures are not interchangeable with Verse clothing and vice versa.

• DOrdialesDOrdiales Posts: 32

Very good, products! I almost always use them in my renders. And I really like your character! I hope you make a version for Everyday 2 compatible with Genesis 9.

Regards

edited March 2023

I just update the thread to feature our latest releases.

We're quite happy with these two new additions:
    the Expressive Chroma Poses and clothing morphs features a G9 feminine version along the usual G8 female version.
    while in the futuristic military style we managed to flex our ZBrush muscles a bit to turn this easy set into armored pieces.

DOrdiales said:

Very good, products! I almost always use them in my renders. And I really like your character! I hope you make a version for Everyday 2 compatible with Genesis 9.

Regards

Thanks! That is great to read!

We honestly do not have any plans to update existing clothes to G9, but our next clothing releases will be G8 + G9 for the time being and there's some modern / everyday sets that will hit the store as soon as we can manage :).

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

Absolutely love these sets and the amount of time you put into making them work together. Please keep them coming :) 

• edited March 2023
    Hmm seeing there must be an issue with the new Zero one for G9 as there are no clothes installed. Nevermind found it.
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • noshobawolf_f994bf986d said:

Hmm seeing there must be an issue with the new Zero one for G9 as there are no clothes installed. Nevermind found it.

Perhaps you could enlighten the rest of us with the same issue? Cannot find any of the ZeroOne clothes for either G9 or G8F. Puzzled...

w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

noshobawolf_f994bf986d said:

Perhaps you could enlighten the rest of us with the same issue? Cannot find any of the ZeroOne clothes for either G9 or G8F. Puzzled...

The clothes are in the Poses folder, if you navigate to where the poses are, you should find them right outside the actual poses folder.

where.jpg
    736 x 686 - 113K

evacyn said:

Absolutely love these sets and the amount of time you put into making them work together. Please keep them coming :) 

Thanks for taking the time to let us know, it's great to hear some customers opinion every once in a while, we wish there was a more direct route for feedback.

Our main focus with products is quality and we also want them to be as useful as possible, i.e. versatile. To be honest with the Verse series and the Zero One series we went a bit overboard, but both were interesting and formative experiences and we're glad to have done them. With the next clothing packages we may be a bit more restrained, but for sure the mixability with any of our clothes and packages will be there!

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

I'm really excited to see what you do for G9! Your clothing sets are actually one of the reasons I wanted a unisex figure so badly. Ekialys' Ny, Y'vas, Aery Mage, and The Legend were all sets I would have loved to use as consistent bases for different cultures in my work, but a lot of the details I liked best didn't translate well to male characters with autofit.

plasma_ring said:

I'm really excited to see what you do for G9! Your clothing sets are actually one of the reasons I wanted a unisex figure so badly. Ekialys' Ny, Y'vas, Aery Mage, and The Legend were all sets I would have loved to use as consistent bases for different cultures in my work, but a lot of the details I liked best didn't translate well to male characters with autofit.

This will indeed be interesting to see, we do hope as well that the unisex figure is going to help with that, although feminine pieces will still look feminine so it's still going to be a matter of deciding whether to support both male and female figures and therefore create alternative pieces.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Aeon Soul said:

plasma_ring said:

This will indeed be interesting to see, we do hope as well that the unisex figure is going to help with that, although feminine pieces will still look feminine so it's still going to be a matter of deciding whether to support both male and female figures and therefore create alternative pieces.

Since so many of your outfits are modular, would it be possible to provide merely a male chestpiece/top? 

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,258

Aeon Soul said:

plasma_ring said:

I am not saying I would beg, borrow, or steal for an updated narquelirkiir but I am not saying I wouldn't.  Thank you as always for your wonderful products.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020
    edited April 2023

Aeon Soul said:

plasma_ring said:

I use a lot of feminine-looking armor on male characters, so I'm personally just as happy either way. :D But I do like the Everyday set you did for male characters a lot, and like xyer0 mentioned, I think in most cases something like an alternate top would make the whole set flexible enough to be unisex. Even if they're not specifically designed to be masculine, it's usually just stuff that's obviously modeled for breasts like corset tops and bras that immediately read as feminine regardless of what they're combined with. Like for the Neo Ayane Fantasy texture set, the only one that doesn't just straight up work as a tunic just as easily as a dress is the black and red one, and the Holoflow top would work just as well as a shirt for masculine characters.

Basically, as a fan of your work who wants to use it on male characters, I don't expect you to change anything you're doing unless you want to. The only thing that's ever prevented me from using your existing pieces is that the differences between figures make it really obvious when a high quality piece has been transferred. The more detail and unique elements something has, unfortunately, the more likely it is to be warped by autofit in any kind of dynamic pose.

Post edited by plasma_ring on

And, I was inspired to render a mix of Alice and Dezzi (a Celani 8) character!

It's hard to say what we're going to do, because it will depend on the kind of product and its complexity, the figures it is for and so on.

We tend to include as many options as we can, but we have realized we have to set limits or products take forever to get completed.
    At this point we're still supporting both Genesis 8 and Genesis 9, so a lot will depend on how long we decide to support both generations.

• What's the amazing hair that was used on that render? 

• wolandepiphaniuswolandepiphanius Posts: 318
    edited June 2023

NVM. I found the answer to my question. :)

Post edited by wolandepiphanius on
  • Aeon Soul said:

With the release of more Zero One based products we decided to create this post about the Zero One world, its features and, above all, its huge cross-compatibility.

the Zero One series includes two kinds of products: Standalone sets and texture/Styles add-ons

The Standalone ones:

• do not require any additional purchase
    • can use the textures styles included in any other Zero One standalone package
    • Are compatible with any Zero One add-ons

Zero One STANDALONE RELEASES (so far):

For example, you can use Dahlia lace textures on the clothing items of the Undress and Get dressed poses and clothing!

The Add-Ons

• Are compatible with any and all Zero One standalone products
    • Only require one standalone product to be enjoyed
    • Can easily mixed and matched for a variety of additional styles

Zero One ADD-ON RELEASES (so far):

For example, you can easily customize the clothes included in the Undress and Get dressed poses and clothing package!

Hopefully this thread is a source of clarification of any doubts since some of the products may end up not listing all the add-ons and/or all the standalone products they are compatible with. There will be more Zero One releases in the future and we will update this thread accordingly!

Enjoy the versatility!

Numinous Youthful Mindful
       ._ . · A e o n S o u l · . _.

I had wanted the Zero one sets for abit. Bought them when they were at a great price.
    Last night, opened up the  "Futuristic Military Styles for Zero One Clothing Sets".
    Looking at the styles I was getting all excited to use them. But became a touched confused as I couldnt find the "armor".
    (As that is what really made me want it)
    After reading through here I went back to the folder. I looked at the store page again. That armor looked like it was a separate item. A great item too!

But not able to find the armor I read your comment about "zbrush" in the texture set...thought "no way".

Loaded the Zero one set, went to the futuristic military materials and...tried. it
    My jaw dropped.

I have to say this is why your products are worth every penny they are. I could not believe a material setting changed the clothing item so drastically!

I have loads of sets from loads of artists...but I can say, hands down, I do not think I have another set that compared to the utter versatility of the products I get from your shop. And the Zero one, is an example of it!

THANK YOU! For such amazing products!

ashi.demon_d05589b51e said:

What's the amazing hair that was used on that render? 

In my render, she is wearing Aeon Soul's Nova hair and he is wearing Redz Electro hair.

• DarkElegance said:

I had wanted the Zero one sets for abit. Bought them when they were at a great price.
    Last night, opened up the  "Futuristic Military Styles for Zero One Clothing Sets".
    Looking at the styles I was getting all excited to use them. But became a touched confused as I couldnt find the "armor".
    (As that is what really made me want it)
    After reading through here I went back to the folder. I looked at the store page again. That armor looked like it was a separate item. A great item too!

But not able to find the armor I read your comment about "zbrush" in the texture set...thought "no way".

Loaded the Zero one set, went to the futuristic military materials and...tried. it
    My jaw dropped.

I have to say this is why your products are worth every penny they are. I could not believe a material setting changed the clothing item so drastically!

I have loads of sets from loads of artists...but I can say, hands down, I do not think I have another set that compared to the utter versatility of the products I get from your shop. And the Zero one, is an example of it!

THANK YOU! For such amazing products!

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments, we really appreciate them!

Zero One, in its simplicity, lends itself very well to be transformed into almost anything.
    As we already had a few different texture add-on packages for it in the store, we decided anything new should be bold and went for the ZBrush way.

We don't always have the time or opportunity to use those ZBrush muscles, but when the chance comes it's always interesting.

Thank YOU for the support :)!