How to remove product that thinks it still needs installing?

Hi All, I have a whole library of Ken Gilliland's OLD versions of his Songbird Remix collection (bought here at DAZ). They show up in my SmartContent, but with little rounded arrows in the corner (see below) and when I right-click, I am offered the option to Install but not to Uninstall. I want to get them out of the system, so I can install all the NEW zipped versions (which I am having endless trouble getting to show up, no matter where I put them, and it might be because DAZ is confused between the old and new). I tried installing (since DS wanted that) but it STILL has those rounded arrows and doesn't offer an Uninstall...? ie no change.

Thanks! This is what they show up as (attached).

KG Songbirds.png
310 x 697 - 347K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited August 2022

The problem is that you are logging in to DAZ Studio and the round circle and suggestion to install, comes from the products not being installed with DAZ Connect inside DAZ Studio.

Logging in to DAZ Studio is only needed if one wants to install products with DAZ Connect - DAZ Connect uses a different path to install content, so if one has already installed the content with DAZ Central/DAZ Install Manager/Manual installation, the content will be installed twice, taking twice the space.

If you do not want to use DAZ Connect inside DAZ Studio to install your content, set your startup options as in the attachment

StartUp.jpg
    522 x 244 - 14K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Ahhh! Okay, understood, thanks so much!