Exporting a Blender character to Daz without having to manually apply textures/materials

TheRendererTheRenderer Posts: 23

Let me first start this off by saying that I just installed Blender last night and have absolutely ZERO clue how any of the software works. I'm really only intending on using it (eventually) as a middleman for posing models and then exporting them into Daz Studio, where I will do rendering.

My issue is one that appears to be common... yet simultaneously one that no one has a concrete and clear answer for. How on earth do you keep the materials and textures on an .obj  when you export from Blender to Daz Studio and stop the model from coming in as a blank white brick? I've browsed many (older) forums here and come away empty-handed each time which is why I created a new thread (please don't yell at me XD). I'm not an advanced user/artist by any means so there's a chance that I'm missing some important steps here. Could anyone give me a comprehensive explanation (or point me to a tutorial) of what I have to do in order to load in an .obj file, exported from Blender, into Daz  with all of the materials, maps, norms, and textures already applied to the model? Manually applying everything inside DS is way too drawn out of a process (and I'm not confident in my ability to do it correctly either lol). I don't think what I'm asking is a herculean task but I'm stuck...

My examples are below: blender on the left and Daz on the right.

The Shepard blender model is originally a XNAlara/XPS model that I imported in. It has textures, UV maps, and everything else necessary.. I've been exporting from blender as an .obj file and then importing it into daz that way.

shepard_blender.PNG
1588 x 949 - 792K
shepard_daz.PNG
1575 x 985 - 295K
Post edited by TheRenderer on