Blender to Daz3D with G8F modifications?

Hello! First post here, I wanted to know how I could import a Blender model into Daz3D with all of its textures, and if its possible to edit that model using a G8F face morph modifier. This is the model I am trying to import, I've followed different tutorials detailing how to import it into Daz3D as an obj. file but when being imported, the figure appears like this. Apologies, this is my first time using Daz3D and trying to make some edits to the facial features in Daz using morphs. 

download.png
739 x 720 - 619K
download (1).png
1103 x 927 - 387K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,192

In essence, you cannot import a figure an keep the materials. You will keep the material zone, and some base settings, but materials need to be reapplied in Daz Studio.

If the character isn't build on Genesis 8 character, i.e a morph, you cannot use other G8F morphs.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited August 2022

When you say "a Blender model", I have the feeling that you want to morph an apple into a boat.

I don't know where this model comes from but you should read a bit about 3D morphing before attempting anything. It's not because you see a humanoid shape that that's what it is. For a computer it's just polygons and vertices. And in any 3D toplogy : each vertex has a specific number. A morph has to BE a totally identical wireframe, whether it be a monkey, a humanoid or a rock.

Hoping that this "Blender model" will have the same topology as Genesis is a literally impossible dream.

For morphing, you have to think ONE way only (in DAZ or any other 3D app that ever existed) : You start from a shape A, and move its vertices around to shape it into anything B. In other words, if you want Genesis to look like your model, and if you want all other Genesis morphs (mouth open, eyes closed, etc.) to work with your model, you need to transform the Genesis into your model and not the other way around.

Shaping the Genesis into a cube is possible. Shaping a random cube downloaded from internet into Genesis is impossible. But if you want to do it anyway, you need to start from the Genesis and manually shape it into that cube. Using Blender or any other 3D modeling app.

Then all other morphs will work.

Post edited by hansolocambo on