Uh oh, i've somehow saved the base g8.1 with a morph applied

I think at the time i had a g8.1 in scene and a g8.1 with an FBM applied (it may just have been the one g8.1 with morph applied though) i went to save the project and may have merge? Now every time i load a g8.1 base it has the base head and the morphed body. Same for the dev load too. I have uninstalled and installed gen8 essenitals with no luck.

I do have a g8.1 obj at base resolution, could i apply that somehow with morph loader and just replace the base g8.1 with a character preset of that? That doesnt sound like a great solution though.

Comments

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664
    edited August 2022

Load in the base figure that has the problem

Under the Perameters Tab make sure you have Show Hidden checked

Still under the Perameters Tab select Zero - Zero Figure

Once again under the Perameters Tab select Memorize - Memorize Figure

Then under the File Menu select Save As - Support Asset - Save Modified Assets...

Clear the scene & re-load the base figure in again to check that it's back to normal

Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 14.49.29.png
    996 x 1088 - 767K
    Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 14.49.43.png
    966 x 944 - 658K
    Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 14.50.09.png
    946 x 1068 - 739K
    Screenshot 2022-08-18 at 14.50.27.png
    1482 x 1544 - 1006K
    Post edited by Platnumk on
  • globallyglobally Posts: 122

Platnumk said:

Load in the base figure that has the problem

Under the Perameters Tab make sure you have Show Hidden checked

Still under the Perameters Tab select Zero - Zero Figure

Once again under the Perameters Tab select Memorize - Memorize Figure

Then under the File Menu select Save As - Support Asset - Save Modified Assets...

Clear the scene & re-load the base figure in again to check that it's back to normal

Thank you. I deleted the offending morph and that seemed to fix it. I will do what you suggest too just in case. Am i removing eyelashes etc and then zeroing? I got to the save modified assests bit and saw it would change more than just the base g8.1 like lashes.

You should be fine,  but before saving you could remove the lashes & tear from the scene if you wish

I recently posted here asking about why my morphs would cause my sub scenes to load in at sub d level 5 instead of three. I have noticed (from the save modified assest dialoge) that i have a couple of extra morphs on the base g8.1 (a BJ Ensley morph as an example). If i exported this g8.1 base and used it to make my morphs would then cause the render sub d level to change?

globally said:

I recently posted here asking about why my morphs would cause my sub scenes to load in at sub d level 5 instead of three. I have noticed (from the save modified assest dialoge) that i have a couple of extra morphs on the base g8.1 (a BJ Ensley morph as an example). If i exported this g8.1 base and used it to make my morphs would then cause the render sub d level to change?

Unsure,  but by the sounds of it, it will set it back to SubD 3 as it shouldn't be loading in with SubD 5 anyway 

Platnumk said:

globally said:

Unsure,  but by the sounds of it, it will set it back to SubD 3 as it shouldn't be loading in with SubD 5 anyway 

Thats what i was afraid youd say. The mystery of the loading sub d 5 continues...

Thanks for your help with the g8.1 morph though.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

globally said:

Platnumk said:

globally said:

Thats what i was afraid youd say. The mystery of the loading sub d 5 continues...

You could read the code inside the files and assets used, sowhere inside those files the value of SubD has been set to 5 or the SubD 5 has been set as default.

The first ones to check are the scene file, the character files and the base geometry of the figure you are using.

If you can't find the SubD 5 setting inside those files, it is possible that you have assets installed twice and the SubD 5 setting is hidden inside those duplicate files. 

PerttiA said:

globally said:

Platnumk said:

globally said:

You could read the code inside the files and assets used, sowhere inside those files the value of SubD has been set to 5 or the SubD 5 has been set as default.

The first ones to check are the scene file, the character files and the base geometry of the figure you are using.

If you can't find the SubD 5 setting inside those files, it is possible that you have assets installed twice and the SubD 5 setting is hidden inside those duplicate files. 

This is what i found for "subd" the base g8.1 and it seems the same on my sub scene duf too.

"channel" : {
                                    "id" : "SubD Displacement Level",
                                    "type" : "int",
                                    "label" : "SubD Displacement Level",
                                    "visible" : false,
                                    "value" : 0,
                                    "current_value" : 0,
                                    "min" : 0,
                                    "max" : 12,
                                    "clamped" : true,
                                    "step_size" : 1